EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 9 Jan 2008, 10:16 PM   #1
petrs

links to open in new window (webmail)

this might have been brought up by others before...

when clicking on links in an email in the webmail application I would like to have the links opened in a new window - same way it works w/ other email servers (I always forget the right click - open in new tab/window thingie ))

can this be implemented?
petrs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10 Jan 2008, 01:07 AM   #2
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
This is of course possible, but I suspect some users would be annoyed if messages were opened in new windows without them being able to choose for themselves.

We could of course add an option for this in the Webmail Preferences, but a quick shortcut is to press the Shift key on your keyboard while clicking a link.

- Geir
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jan 2008, 07:18 AM   #3
petrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geir View Post
This is of course possible, but I suspect some users would be annoyed if messages were opened in new windows without them being able to choose for themselves.

We could of course add an option for this in the Webmail Preferences, but a quick shortcut is to press the Shift key on your keyboard while clicking a link.

- Geir
I am using multiple email accounts (1 company and 2 private) so I would appreciate if the basic behaviour was the same for all of them even though runbox dares to be different

shift or right click is the same, I tend to forget...

I would argue w/ you Geir, I guess it gets more annoying to always go back in the browsing history to get back to the webmail..
Old 10 Jan 2008, 08:05 AM   #4
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Should all links open to a new window (i.e. every link opens another window) or should all links within a given message open to the same new window?

Regards,
Rich
carverrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jan 2008, 06:06 PM   #5
petrs

all links in a new windows, i.e. as many windows as many links...
Old 11 Jan 2008, 11:11 PM   #6
hajonez
Cornerstone of the Community

I actually like the current behaviour of the web interface when clicking on links in emails. I can understand why automatically opening links in new windows would be advantageous at times but I like the flexibility and choice the current implementation allows. I am a big user of tabs and would find it frustrating to have every link opened in a new window. I like being able to choose whether to open a link in a tab, new window or in the existing Runbox window depending on my key presses. I would like this flexibility to remain if at all possible.

Petrs, I don't mean to criticise your suggestion as I can understand why some would find the current implementation annoying. However, I think it's important to provide another viewpoint on the issue as I would be slightly miffed if the current behaviour was changed.

Hope all at Runbox and all in the wider Runbox community have had a happy and healthy start to the New Year.

- Henry
hajonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2008, 07:04 AM   #7
petrs

yeah, yeah... I forgot I still live in the stone age w/ IE 6.x )
Old 14 Jan 2008, 01:34 AM   #8
lio34adams

lio34adams
lio34adams is offline   Reply With Quote