EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 30 Aug 2010, 07:46 AM   #1
really_swell

Domain names powered by Gmail?

I like the Gmail service. I don't like the name. I was wondering if there were any other domain names on the web that anyone here knew of that offer free e-mail, and are powered by Google?

Thank you for your time.
really_swell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 30 Aug 2010, 07:57 AM   #2
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

If you like short domain names, the only one I'm aware of currently open for public registration which still exists is the Polish service, g.pl, as discussed here:

Agora SA, Polish Gmail?
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2010, 11:39 AM   #3
William9
The "e" in e-mail

Just supply your own domain name. They support that in the form of Google Apps.
William9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2010, 08:21 PM   #4
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by really_swell View Post
I like the Gmail service. I don't like the name. I was wondering if there were any other domain names on the web that anyone here knew of that offer free e-mail, and are powered by Google?

Thank you for your time.
OK go there:

http://www.sify.com/
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Aug 2010, 02:13 AM   #5
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpan View Post
If the OP is in India or is willing to move to India in order to get an account there.

Quote:
The Sify Mail Services are currently available only in India. Regret the inconvenience caused. If you trying to register from India, please quote your IP address and mail to customercare[AT]sify.com with the Subject Line - Registration Problem - India.
We would definitely get back to you
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Aug 2010, 05:48 AM   #6
mvip
Essential Contributor

Yeah, just get a domain (<$10) and set up Google Apps Standard on it ($0). There you go, you now have a non-gmail email address for <$10 per year (just the cost of the domain).
mvip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Sep 2010, 03:57 AM   #7
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Name.com set it up for you as well if you buy the domain with them. With one or two clicks on the mouse you then indicate you wish to use Google Apps email, and they set up everything for you. An easy solution for the lazy and the non-technical ones out there (and I admit to belong in that second group, I doubt if I'd understand the technical part of setting the MX Records etc up enough to do it by myself)

Not sure if any other registrars offer this service.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Sep 2010, 04:12 AM   #8
walesrob
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
Name.com set it up for you as well if you buy the domain with them. With one or two clicks on the mouse you then indicate you wish to use Google Apps email, and they set up everything for you. An easy solution for the lazy and the non-technical ones out there (and I admit to belong in that second group, I doubt if I'd understand the technical part of setting the MX Records etc up enough to do it by myself)

Not sure if any other registrars offer this service.
Heart Internet in the UK also have one-click settings to configure your domain to work with G Apps. Used it on a few domains I manage.
walesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Mar 2011, 05:22 PM   #9
kelly