EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 23 May 2018, 10:17 PM   #1
ewal
Master of the @

spamrl

Appreciate if someone could let me know what is happening here please.

Sent an email to a contact of mine and received back the following error (I've ***'ed the email address for privacy reasons).

Quote:
<c***@s****.com>: host mx1.spamwall.co.uk[82.221.110.2] said: 550 A URL in this email (fastmailusercontent . com) is listed on https://spamrl.com/. Please resolve and retry (in reply to end of DATA command)

The MX record for s****.com is mx1.spamwall.co.uk. It looks like fastmailusercontent.com is being blacklisted. Am I correct?

How can I resolve this? Or is it down to Fastmail?

cheers
E

Last edited by ewal : 23 May 2018 at 10:18 PM. Reason: typo
ewal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 24 May 2018, 01:06 AM   #2
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

The message should mean that fastmailusercontent.com is on the Spamhaus DBL (domain blocklist). However, I just did a check at https://www.spamhaus.org/lookup/ and that domain is not on the DBL. I suggest retrying the sending of your message. I suspect it was a short term issue (possibly even an error by Spamhaus). If the message is still failing, open a support ticket.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2018, 06:12 AM   #3
ewal
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritTim View Post
The message should mean that fastmailusercontent.com is on the Spamhaus DBL (domain blocklist). However, I just did a check at https://www.spamhaus.org/lookup/ and that domain is not on the DBL. I suggest retrying the sending of your message. I suspect it was a short term issue (possibly even an error by Spamhaus). If the message is still failing, open a support ticket.
Cheers

I subsequently sent the email and redacted all references to fastmailusercontent.com (arose due to an attachment from a previous email in the same thread) and message went through just fine.

I assume Fastmail have a process of catching when their domains and/or IP address ranges get on spamlists and take appropriate actions. So I won't bother annoying them with a ticket.

Luckily the MX server sent me a fail message so I could take action. One has to wonder how many MX servers don't bother and simply discard messages based on blacklists.
ewal is offline   Reply With Quote