EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 23 Sep 2004, 12:47 PM   #1
bitequator
The "e" in e-mail

New SpamAssassin 3.0?

Read the news today, and Jeremy (of FM) seemed to imply that they plan to upgrade to the new version soon? Any other provider to do this soon too?

I don't suppose the new Apache license model would (ironically) cause any problems for any providers with existing implementation?
bitequator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 23 Sep 2004, 08:09 PM   #2
rob_au
Master of the @

Representative of:
Bluebottle.com
Re: New SpamAssassin 3.0?

Quote:
Originally posted by bitequator
I don't suppose the new Apache license model would (ironically) cause any problems for any providers with existing implementation?
For those who are interested, some interesting reading on compatability between the Apache Licence 2.0 and the GPL can be found at - http://www.apache.org/licenses/GPL-compatibility.html
rob_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Sep 2004, 09:46 PM   #3
Madiver

Representative of:
MailSnare.net
Re: New SpamAssassin 3.0?

Quote:
Originally posted by bitequator
Read the news today, and Jeremy (of FM) seemed to imply that they plan to upgrade to the new version soon? Any other provider to do this soon too?

We anticiapte that MailSnare will upgrade to 3.0 early next week. We've been testing the earlier 3.0 beta and release candidates for awhile on our development servers and have just installed the final 3.0 release for evaluation. Thus far, everything seems to be running smoothly and upgrading the production severs early next weeks seems highly feasible.

We use a number of custom SA rule sets that we may need to migrate to 3.0 or find appropriate replacements, but that shouldn't pose too much of a problem.

Cheers!
Mark
Madiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Sep 2004, 03:32 AM   #4
bitequator
The "e" in e-mail

Great to hear that Mark

And thanks much Rob for the informative reading that answers my question...
bitequator is offline   Reply With Quote