EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 9 Dec 2013, 09:28 PM   #1
B4its2L8
Master of the @

EuMX - GO Not Saving Drafts?

I thought I'd try EuMX's Group Office interface this morning and tried composing a test draft. (I was actually intending to test the font sizing.) But I can't seem to get the draft to save. I press the save button manually and the activity indicator shows "saving..." but no draft appears in the draft folder or any other. (And I checked the other accounts I have set up in GO and the draft is not there either.)

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks!
B4its2L8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9 Dec 2013, 09:42 PM   #2
nbarr
Cornerstone of the Community

I had the Identical experience.
nbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Dec 2013, 09:55 PM   #3
B4its2L8
Master of the @

Thanks!

Another issue I noticed with GO this morning is: I opened a draft of a message I had already started previously in another client and had saved. I opened it in GO to do some editing of it and saved it to the draft folder. This particular message did apparently save correctly, but later in the morning when I came back to GO to open the draft again, I found that it wouldn't open the draft for editing. It treated the message as an un-editable message, as if it were sent/received already! (Other EuMX interfaces do open it for editing.)

I have informed EuMX support of both of these issues of mine and the fact that the first one has been confirmed by nbarr.
Old 10 Dec 2013, 06:55 AM   #4
B4its2L8
Master of the @

FWIW, EuMX support has responded that they appreciate being told of this. They are working on it and will apply all necessary patches to GO and determine whether this is more of a GO issue or an EuMX one.
Old 12 Dec 2013, 09:35 PM   #5
nbarr

It's working now.
Old 12 Dec 2013, 09:56 PM   #6
B4its2L8
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbarr View Post
It's working now.
I do see that I can open a draft in EuMX and save/edit it in my FM account (via GO's IMAP connection). But, to be honest, I don't know if that was any problem for me or not.

My problem was - and still is - that a draft won't save to the EuMX saved-drafts folder. Well, at least if it's working for you it may mean that the fix will take a while to affect everyone's accounts.

Last edited by B4its2L8 : 12 Dec 2013 at 10:10 PM.
Old 13 Dec 2013, 09:01 PM   #7
nbarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4its2L8 View Post
... My problem was - and still is - that a draft won't save to the EuMX saved-drafts folder.
In my account there is a "Drafts" folder and a "saved-drafts" folder.
When I am composing an email if I "save" it, it is not saved to "saved-drafts" it is saved to "Drafts".
Never the less, drafts can be saved re-edited and sent as needed.
I imagine you have checked both folders, but I thought I would mention it just in case.
Old 13 Dec 2013, 09:34 PM   #8
B4its2L8
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbarr View Post
In my account there is a "Drafts" folder and a "saved-drafts" folder.
When I am composing an email if I "save" it, it is not saved to "saved-drafts" it is saved to "Drafts".
Never the less, drafts can be saved re-edited and sent as needed.
I imagine you have checked both folders, but I thought I would mention it just in case.
Thanks, nbarr! That solved my problem!

I do have drafts saved (via IMAP) in the "saved-drafts" folder, but for some reason that I hadn't noticed before GO (and Horde, now that I look at it) weren't displaying my regular "Drafts" folder, even though SquirrelMail, RC, and OWM were displaying both draft folders. Anyway, based on your comment, I checked the folder subscription information and, behold, there are my drafts composed in GO!

Thanks for the idea!

But now I'm wondering: was the problem that something caused your and my Drafts folder to be hidden, leading us to think there was a draft-saving issue? Or was there a genuine issue with GO that EuMX fixed, but something in their 'fix' caused our Draft folder to be hidden?

When you initially checked your GO (post #2) was your Draft folder (not "saved-drafts") visible, do you recall? (I don't.)

Btw, I composed an email reply to support and tried to send it (using Horde) and it failed to send. Authentication error. I decided to send it via GO but couldn't find it in my Drafts folder. It was in my saved-drafts folder! It's kinda tough to figure out exactly where EuMX saves it drafts sometimes!

Last edited by B4its2L8 : 13 Dec 2013 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Added: Btw
Old 13 Dec 2013, 09:55 PM   #9
nbarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4its2L8 View Post
... But now I'm wondering: was the problem that something caused your and my Drafts folder to be hidden, leading us to think there was a draft-saving issue? Or was there a genuine issue with GO that EuMX fixed, but something in their 'fix' caused our Draft folder to be hidden?

When you initially checked your GO (post #2) was your Draft folder (not "saved-drafts") visible, do you recall? (I don't.)
I think both were there, but to be honest I'm not positive.
Old 13 Dec 2013, 10:00 PM   #10
B4its2L8
Master of the @

To add to what I edited in my previous post, the draft of the response to support was saved in my saved-drafts folder, but wasn't editable when I opened it. I needed to drag it to the Drafts folder where it could be opened for editing. (Confusing.)

And I still couldn't send it. I needed to open OWM (the smtp server that GO uses for sending, according to my GO account settings) in order to successfully send it.

Ah, well. Happy Friday the 13th.

Last edited by B4its2L8 : 13 Dec 2013 at 10:10 PM.
Old 14 Dec 2013, 06:39 AM   #11
slow

I am having a problem with embedded images in messages in 'drafts' folder originally created in thunderbird (images show fine in 'drafts' folder in thunderbird) not showing in k-9 on android in 'drafts' folder. The drafts are there but the images are not. Some of the images show as attachments but not all of the images.

The images are showing in the "saved-drafts" folder in k-9.
There is a NullPointerException message for this folder. does this mean anything.

Can someone explain the purpose of 2 folders and which one should be used...
e.g. drafts and 'saved-drafts' or sent and 'sent-mail'

The other thing is if I do a test at https://www.ssllabs.com/ it shows a problem with the certificate. There is an overall rating of F (or A if trust issues are ignored). Anyone have thoughts on this.

Last edited by slow : 14 Dec 2013 at 07:15 AM.
slow is offline   Reply With Quote