EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 20 Aug 2017, 12:25 AM   #1
sarf

Problem with filtering

I have address psych at fire and a folder 'psych' but emails addressed to this are going into my inbox.

Last edited by sarf : 21 Aug 2017 at 12:03 PM.
sarf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 20 Aug 2017, 12:51 AM   #2
misc
Essential Contributor

Hi Sarf,

first of all: you shouldn't post neither your full email address nor your domain name here, so maybe you want to edit your initial post.

So, let's go for your problem. Folder matching will only work on plus addresses or on subdomain addresses. As your email mentioned above is an alias address, you'll have to set the delivery address for this alias to:
[username]+psych@fastmail.com

[username] here is your FastMail login name and, of course, if you're using another domain than fastmail.com, then adjust this accordingly. The delivery address can be set in your alias settings. Don't forget to remove the currently set delivery address, otherwise you'll get your mails twice.

Cheers,
Michael
misc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Aug 2017, 12:27 PM   #3
sarf

I have alias set as *@fire . A check found that for some reason fastmail had switched the parent folder from 'psych' to 'inbox'. Fixed this.Mail now filtering ok.
sarf is offline   Reply With Quote