EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 16 Jun 2020, 02:24 AM   #16
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Really? I wasn't aware of that. Shame, it's such a neat domain. On the mail.be website there is still a link to open a new account, leading to this page.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2020, 02:26 AM   #17
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

ContactOffice and MailFence are intertwined with Mail.be by the way. So even if Mail.be would not accept new registrations, there's still choice when you want quality email from Belgium.
Old 16 Jun 2020, 03:55 PM   #18
rmannam

Here is what I found from Mail.be registration page "Mail.be is passionately being developed in Brussels and powered by ContactOffice.com. We are cautious, reliable, stable and honest."

Try Contactoffice
rmannam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2020, 02:59 AM   #19
rscaramelo

I have tried many of the email services mentioned on this site and can never settle on one. I always default back to GMail but honestly kind of hate them. Along with the OP's question I am also wondering which you would switch to if you needed to use your own domain, needed alias' and like a nice webmail and phone interface?
rscaramelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2020, 03:25 AM   #20
TenFour
Master of the @

I send email from my own domain for free via regular Gmail by following these instructions: https://support.google.com/domains/a..._topic=6293345

Set up additional aliases in the email forwarding section of the domain portal. Google Domains allows you to create 100 aliases per domain. Other domain hosts allow more or less aliases.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2020, 05:14 AM   #21
rscaramelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
I send email from my own domain for free via regular Gmail by following these instructions: https://support.google.com/domains/a..._topic=6293345

Set up additional aliases in the email forwarding section of the domain portal. Google Domains allows you to create 100 aliases per domain. Other domain hosts allow more or less aliases.
That is my current setup. For some reason I just don't like GMail all that much however. Can't put my finger on it.
Old 26 Jun 2020, 05:22 AM   #22
TenFour
Master of the @

Quote:
For some reason I just don't like GMail all that much however. Can't put my finger on it.
I have tried a bunch of email providers and always come back to Gmail for its far superior spam filters if nothing else. I just don't see any junk in my Inbox. That, and it's free, has a great online office suite, Drive, Photos, easily backs up and syncs everything on my phone, and has been nearly 100% reliable for the past 14 years. The security is strong too. Its worst problem is zero customer service. You are basically on your own battling automated systems when something goes wrong. The solution is to have robust backups and syncing with other email and drive-type accounts just in case you lose access to Gmail for some unknown reason and can't get back in.
Old 26 Jun 2020, 10:37 PM   #23
TenFour
Master of the @

Quote:
I am also wondering which you would switch to if you needed to use your own domain, needed alias' and like a nice webmail and phone interface?
If I switched away from Gmail and had those criteria I would probably choose from this list:
1. Microsoft 365 Business Basic
2. Pobox.com or Fastmail
3. ProtonMail
All of these have their own dedicated phone apps, robust webmail, and various unique features. I have tried them all and like all of them for various reasons. You can't beat the price on Microsoft's offering at $5 per month including 50GB of email storage and 1TB of OneDrive storage. For the storage alone it is worth the price. Outlook email app is quite good. Aliases no problem. Lots of discussion on this site about Fastmail, and Pobox.com offers a somewhat simpler version with more storage for the price. Decent app again. Protonmail doesn't have as many regular features, but of course offers full encrypted email, and the app works well in my experience.
Old 29 Jun 2020, 12:19 AM   #24
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmannam View Post
Here is what I found from Mail.be registration page "Mail.be is passionately being developed in Brussels and powered by ContactOffice.com. We are cautious, reliable, stable and honest."

Try Contactoffice
I seem to remember some minor differences too when it comes to storage space etc. On the other hand, mail.be is a very neat domain for someone living in Belgium (like me). I cannot see anywhere on their site that they suspended new sign-ups.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 12:33 PM   #25
rscaramelo

365 was high on my list and I like it however alias’ were the issue. I couldn’t send from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
If I switched away from Gmail and had those criteria I would probably choose from this list:
1. Microsoft 365 Business Basic
2. Pobox.com or Fastmail
3. ProtonMail
All of these have their own dedicated phone apps, robust webmail, and various unique features. I have tried them all and like all of them for various reasons. You can't beat the price on Microsoft's offering at $5 per month including 50GB of email storage and 1TB of OneDrive storage. For the storage alone it is worth the price. Outlook email app is quite good. Aliases no problem. Lots of discussion on this site about Fastmail, and Pobox.com offers a somewhat simpler version with more storage for the price. Decent app again. Protonmail doesn't have as many regular features, but of course offers full encrypted email, and the app works well in my experience.