EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 26 Mar 2004, 11:20 PM   #211
ikickass

FastMail Rocks. It's that simple!!

THANK YOU FOR MAKING MY ONLINE LIFE SO MUCH EASIER!! I can now collect my work and personal email all in one place. I also have set up aliases so that I can use an address specifically for posting on forums or using on ebay, and another for all "official" communications (job applications etc).

The spam filters work exactly as they should, although I've only received a couple of spam emails since I signed up over a year ago (and they arrive through my work account).

The new addition of file storage makes FastMail even better value as I can now access and store all my attachments in one easy place.

I also like to change the look of my email every now and then - something the stylesheets make possible.

Finally, the coming enhancements screen really shows that FastMail is going places and will be around for a long time yet.

All this for only £11 a year for a full account (exchange rates may vary, obviously) make this an excellent investment.

FastMail rocks. It's that simple!!
ikickass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2004, 01:06 AM   #212
SusanUKF
Intergalactic Postmaster

It is an even better deal when you buy the 5 year deal!! Susan.
SusanUKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2004, 04:19 AM   #213
nickbeee

Thumbs up

Hi,
I'll just butt in here and add my two pennyworth.

I never saw mention of a 5 year deal...

I'm a 99.99% satisfied customer (enhanced service, purely for personal use). Just the odd server outage around the time when some hardware upgrades were being carried out as well as a few unplanned reboots force me to knock off that 0.01% . However, FM takes the trouble to let you know whats happeing and why. Try getting status info out of "big" providers .

My only regret was signing up for Yahoo's premium service 2 months before discovering FM. Needless to say it was not renewed. The only thing I miss from Yahoo mail is the more extensive address book.

I use the web interface 90% of the time, the other 9% is spent playing with the IMAP support in Mozilla - 1.7 beta seems to be performing well. The other 1% - just trying IMAP with Outlook and Outlook Express to prove what rotten clients they are.
nickbeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2004, 04:51 AM   #214
SusanUKF
Intergalactic Postmaster

If you sign up for five years it is only $80. USD,which is an incredible deal...(the package I bought) . The enhanced for five years package has amazing savings as well. I have always been a "buy in bulk" shopper,so this type of thing really appeals to me!! Susan.
Old 9 Apr 2004, 09:50 PM   #215
Timjo

I think one of the reasons why I love Fastmail so much, is that I see a lot of the qualities that matter to me in Jeremy and Rob. I work for the U.S. government and see the wasteful bureaucracy every day. It drives me nuts. I sincerely appreciate the careful thought put into Fastmail. It acheives that balance of efficiency and productivity. The fly-by observer may look at Fastmail and think it's not enough because it's too simple. Fact is, it does so much more than most any other web based e-mail provider and yet it is so simple and fast. To me, Hotmail is the cyber equivalent of Uncle Sam. Hotmail dictates what it wants for you, rather than you dictating what you want your e-mail client to do. I'm sure that's great if you are one of the mindless masses who don't like to think, but that's just not me. Fastmail delivers and does so beautifully. Even when I'm lazy or too busy to dive into the advanced features, Fastmail allows for the casual user.

I've been using Fastmail since its early beta stages and have seen the wonderful evolution. How many times has Bill Gates personally answered your support requests? I'm just a nobody in the pool of Fastmail users and yet, I can recall several times Jeremy or Rob have personally responded to one of my trouble calls. Of course, they can't do that as much any more, for they are only two people, but that same dedication and effort is still evident even in the less personable forms. I've come to trust the people behind the product; that they mean what they say and back it up with action. I've no doubt they love their work, are dedicated to their product, and will be around for a long time. I had my doubts when I first started using Fastmail, but over four years later, I am a very happy customer.

If you are wondering if Fastmail is worth the hassle of changing over, the answer is yes. Hotmail, Yahoo, Bigfoot, Globe, ISP provided e-mail, school, government, etc., I've used all of them and none have met my expectations like Fastmail. A few of my expectations could only be met by paying for membership and subsequent upgrades in storage space and bandwith, but it's been worth every cent. I like my free stuff, but I also know when I find a quality value and that's Fastmail. Although I no longer use dial-up, I still am forced to use slow connections at work and when travelling. Fastmail loads faster than any other web-based e-mail client that I've ever used. Best of all, I rarely ever receive spam (I use a second account for online registrations) and it has caught several viruses and automatically taken care of them.

Although there are many extra features, the one I want to point out is the Notes. At first, I thought, "how useless and trivial." But I've learned how handy it is when I need to copy a web address on a public terminal or post important notes that I know I will want later on and will need access to from a different computer. It's a small detail, but that's the point - Jeremy and Rob take the time to do it right, down to the last detail. If you don't have Fastmail yet, do yourself a favor and sign up.
Timjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2004, 05:38 PM   #216
SamVilde
Essential Contributor

Love from Africa

My friends have threatened to leave me if I keep talking about my undying love for fastmail. I need to vent.

I live in ghetto third world west africa without a computer. My email needs are not complex: it shoud be fast and reliable. I need all junkmail problems solved immediately, as any unwanted email takes hours on a slow connection. I need filters and easy interface. I love that I can send a message that seems to be from my yahoo account without having to log into loggy yahoo. I have all that I need.

But then there's all the stuff I don't need, that I can imagine loving if I were in a different situation.

And then there's the stuff I want. As I use public computers in dire conditions, disk drives are dangerous. I don't have a disk. I email files to myself. So today I notice this FILE section of the service... You have solved all of my problems. You are amazing. I love you. Marry me.

XXOO Sam Vilde
Peace Corps Volunteer
Benin, West Africa
SamVilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2004, 12:52 AM   #217
FMRocks
The "e" in e-mail

Re: Love from Africa

Quote:
Originally posted by SamVilde
And then there's the stuff I want. As I use public computers in dire conditions, disk drives are dangerous. I don't have a disk. I email files to myself. So today I notice this FILE section of the service... You have solved all of my problems. You are amazing. I love you. Marry me.
Sorry pal, but I'm already married to FM.
FMRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2004, 12:54 AM   #218
SusanUKF
Intergalactic Postmaster

You guys are toooooo funny.... I love fastmail too... I have 4 member accounts and 1 full account... Susan.
Old 22 Apr 2004, 02:36 AM   #219
Jennifer80

I Love Fastmail as well, it is the best email service that I have ever encountered.
Jennifer80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2004, 07:06 AM   #220
annezo

Amazing

This is, without question, the best e-mail program I've used in the ten years I've been using e-mail.

It has the features, the convenience, and the reliability other mail programs only pretend to offer.

I originally signed up as a free user, then upgraded to a two-year, full paid account within a month.

(P.S. The only reason I'm not an "enhanced" user is because I don't have any need for those features. Heck, I'm not even sure I understand what some of them are. )
annezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2004, 12:06 AM   #221
shenton
Essential Contributor

Remarkable service!
I've posted elsewhere that I decided to upgrade my account to Enhanced, so that my domain could be hosted by FM instead of ZoneEdit.

Anyhow, as per the FAQ I opened a support ticket asking FastMail to 'activate' my domain. LESS THAN one hour later, I got an email from Kurian telling me that it was done, and one hour later I changed the MX records and all emails started arriving instantly.

My only regret is that I upgraded only for 6 months initially as I wasn't sure how efficiently things would go! I should have had more faith and plumped for one or two years!!!

Any chance I can change my mind and pay the difference!!!

Thanks Kurian.... I'm MORE THAN impressed.

Steve
shenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Jun 2004, 10:14 AM   #222
jbjared77

I have used fastmail for about a month and I think it is the best email service around. It is the cleanest and the most powerful email provider that I have actually used.
jbjared77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2004, 12:02 AM   #223
jedilizagain
Essential Contributor

I am so satisfied with FastMail that I decided to renew early!
And it took money out of my account pool.

The new features being added are good, too.
jedilizagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2004, 04:55 AM   #224
jasonf

I've been through MSN, Yahoo, Mailblocks, and many ISP providers, but none have impressed me as much as Fastmail. Not just the service itself- but the attitude they seem to have about getting email right and their focus on continuous improvement without slowing down the service.
jasonf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jul 2004, 02:44 AM   #225
sunbeam

My husband was the one who found Fastmail first. He highly recommended it, so I created an account to play with. At first I was kind of put off by all the squares and busyness, so I didn't use it for a while.

I'd been using another webmail client at the time as a primary address, because we moved frequently, and using ISP addresses usually resulted in me sending out a blanket email telling people my address had changed again. Unfortunately, that webmail client was beginning to collect spam like black dress pants collect cat hair, and their spam blockers were very poor and frustrating to work with.

So, I played with Fastmail some more until I was used to what I was looking at (changing the colors and size helped a lot, too), and started forwarding email there and changing my address in places where I needed it to sign up for something.

Spam began to collect in my Fastmail account, but I discovered the most WONDERFUL feature of any email account I've ever had: The Bounce Button!

I began bouncing out every spam email I received, and soon I was receiving NO SPAM AT ALL. Now I occasionally get the little messages with a .exe or .zip, but not in the quantities they had been collecting in my other webmail box. I just bounce them out now without a worry. It's great!

I was so happy with it that I created another Fastmail account, but using one of their many alternate domain names (which is pretty darn cool, if you ask me), primarily for signing up for things. If it collected spam, I would just bounce it out, and it would never touch my primary correspondence account (which I later upgraded to Member).

I tell everyone about Fastmail now, and I know of at least one convert.

Great job, guys! I appreciate all the work you do to make this such a speedy, svelt system!

//sunbeam\\
sunbeam is offline   Reply With Quote