EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 4 Feb 2020, 04:15 AM   #1
faldringham

How to display sizes of emails

Is there a hidden way to display the sizes of emails in the overview panel, when the setting is sort by 'newest first'?
faldringham is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 4 Feb 2020, 07:46 AM   #2
pjroutledge

If you're using the Fastmail web interface, you could try changing to 'Classic' view. (Settings -> Preferences -> General -> Theme)
pjroutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Feb 2020, 08:45 AM   #3
somdcomputerguy
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjroutledge View Post
If you're using the Fastmail web interface, you could try changing to 'Classic' view. (Settings -> Preferences -> General -> Theme)
I use the 'Dark' theme, and if I switch to the 'Classic' theme, the size value is displayed. I also use the 'sort by newest' setting, so I can verify that pjroutledge's suggestion works.

- Bruce

eta: 'Standard', 'Large Font', and 'Minimal' do not display the message sizes either.

Last edited by somdcomputerguy : 4 Feb 2020 at 08:51 AM.
somdcomputerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Feb 2020, 03:49 AM   #4
faldringham

Quote:
Originally Posted by somdcomputerguy View Post
I use the 'Dark' theme, and if I switch to the 'Classic' theme, the size value is displayed. I also use the 'sort by newest' setting, so I can verify that pjroutledge's suggestion works.

- Bruce

eta: 'Standard', 'Large Font', and 'Minimal' do not display the message sizes either.
That was the problem. I had always used Classic but recently switched to Dark.

Well, that's a major annoyance to only be able to see the sizes when using Classic (it's too bright).
faldringham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Feb 2020, 03:57 AM   #5
somdcomputerguy
Cornerstone of the Community

I have an add-on to my browser that inverts the colors of a web page or whole site, so I have decided to keep using the Classic theme, and it's now dark.. If I run into any conflicts between that add-on and the FastMail UI, I'll just switch back to the Dark theme, as that is more important to me than seeing the size of the message before opening it.

- Bruce
somdcomputerguy is offline   Reply With Quote