EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 13 Oct 2023, 12:42 AM   #1
Fenman
Cornerstone of the Community

Calendar sharing oddness

I share my calendar with my wife. We both use Fastmail. The issue is that when my wife views my calendar through her account, it appears different to what I view through my account.

I *think* the problem is to do particularly with calendar invitations. For example, I might have a weekly recurring event. If the originator sends me a cancellation for one of the weeks, it takes effect in my calendar. However, when my wife looks through her account, the cancelled event still appears.

Can anyone relate to this or shed any light?
Fenman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 13 Oct 2023, 01:46 PM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

I'm not sure about your specific example, but I have erratic difficulty when I'm logged into my Fastmail account on different devices and using different access methods. For instance, I might be logged in on my PC to the production Fastmail interface, on my iPad using a browser to the beta Fastmail interface, and on that same iPad to the Fastmail app (production or beta interface). At some times I can make a change to a note or calendar entry on one device and it changes quickly on the others. But at other times it takes a long time (over 10 minutes) for the changes to propagate. Email always seems to rapidly synchronize. Refreshing the browser, closing the app or browser window, etc. does not seem to reliably resolve this issue. Sometimes the Fastmail app and Fastmail browser web interface on the same iPad are not synchronized.

I plan to do more to document this issue and file a Fastmail support request. Because it's not consistent it's hard to find a way to reliably duplicate the issue. This might be related to your issue, but I'm not sure.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Oct 2023, 04:21 PM   #3
Fenman
Cornerstone of the Community

Thanks, Bill. I'd be interested to know the upshot of your support request. In my case, it seems that it's mainly deletions that don't propagate at all.
Fenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2024, 08:42 PM   #4
jsibley

Hello,

I am having what may be a similar issue.

When some events are deleted or rescheduled this can effect my Fastmail calendar but won't affect a Google calendar that is linked to my Fastmail calendar.

And, Fastmail calendars are shared with Google calendar in a way that makes it impossible, at least some times, to delete the event in Google calendar.

I’ve been unsuccessful getting Fastmail support to resolve this, so far.
jsibley is offline   Reply With Quote