EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Early Warning...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Early Warning... If an email service has closed down or changed the services it offers, or if there are indications it is about to do so, post about it here.

Old 2 May 2011, 07:35 AM   #1
Nikolaos
Essential Contributor

Exclamation Soodonims has gone (mostly) for pay

Well, I was dreading the day when they would vanish and I might have to run around changing throwaway addresses at various websites. Instead they went for pay - which was my second fear

I wonder what happens to those of us freebie account holders who have already created far more aliases than the new max limit for free users?

I'm glad I stopped using them after the initial burst of enthusiasm when I first found them. I love their system the most out of all the spam management services I've checked out, but somehow never felt quite easy about the long-term availability of their service. My spidey sense has now been proven right after all!
Nikolaos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 4 May 2011, 08:21 AM   #2
earlzsta
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaos View Post
Well, I was dreading the day when they would vanish and I might have to run around changing throwaway addresses at various websites. Instead they went for pay - which was my second fear

I wonder what happens to those of us freebie account holders who have already created far more aliases than the new max limit for free users?

I'm glad I stopped using them after the initial burst of enthusiasm when I first found them. I love their system the most out of all the spam management services I've checked out, but somehow never felt quite easy about the long-term availability of their service. My spidey sense has now been proven right after all!
Hi,

I've also been using the service, and find it great for a DEA service.

I spoke to Lewis (owner?) via email about a year ago and he mentioned that he did want to introduce a paid version of soodonims but for the most part wanted to have the people who had free accounts before the paid version to keep and still be able to use the service.
earlzsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2011, 08:48 AM   #3
Nikolaos
Essential Contributor

He made a post mentioning this on his blog too - something along the lines of "don't worry, all current free users will still have unlimited access". Which is good since I have a LOT of aliases already set up However, I don't think I will use it to make any more new aliases from now on, as there is just no guarantee that he will stick to his promise. I'm just going to consider this as my indefinite "grace period" and will probably try to migrate my existing aliases over to other services while I can
Nikolaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2011, 05:42 AM   #4
LewisSoodonims

Representative of:
SoodoNims.com
Soodonims Still Free

This is the status of soodonims, from the soodonims people ourselves.

Any old account will remain free and unlimited, just as it was before our new version. (unless we determine abuse, spam illegal activity etc).

If you have been using it for free, you can continue to do so as long as you like. Unlimited.

We instituted a pay version, because many people were abusing our service and using it as a source from which to SEND spam. We decided that we needed to either make it a bit less easy to create new accounts for abusive purposes, or to limit the use (with a free lite version).

But I want to emphasize again, what ever you had until now, you keep, just as is. No cost, no limits, no restrictions.

If anyone has any other questions feel free to contact me via the site, or directly at lewis dot soodonims at LR78 dot com

Lewis
LewisSoodonims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2011, 06:23 AM   #5
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisSoodonims View Post
Any old account will remain free and unlimited, just as it was before our new version. (unless we determine abuse, spam illegal activity etc).
Thanks for the clarification. But if you don't mind my asking for just a little more clarification, how old is "old"?

That is, I only opened my free account on April 15th, in anticipation of what the free account seemed to offer at that time, with the intention of using the features offered at the free level of service, but haven't needed it as of yet. So, in its having been created shortly before this change (I assume), will my free account be "unlimited," despite the fact that I hadn't quite gotten around to making use of it yet? Thanks.
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2011, 10:05 AM   #6
Sherry

[Moderator:]

LewisSoodonims, would you please send a PM to Edwin to see if you should be given Service Representative status. Thank you.

Welcome to the EMD Forums
Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2011, 09:40 PM   #7
odedp
Master of the @

Quote:

If anyone has any other questions feel free to contact me via the site, or directly at lewis dot soodonims at LR78 dot com

Lewis
Lewis,
For old users: Is there a limit (and if there is - what is it) to the size of an attachment sent to any of my aliases?
odedp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Jun 2011, 03:04 AM   #8
LewisSoodonims

Representative of:
SoodoNims.com
How old is old

By old, I was referring to any account open prior to the new release.
To keep it simple, ALL free accounts that exist today will remain that way for life.
The only exception are those accounts we find that have abused the service (eg: distributing spam). Those will be terminated as we discover them.
Old 8 Jun 2011, 03:07 AM   #9
LewisSoodonims

Representative of:
SoodoNims.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by odedp View Post
Lewis,
For old users: Is there a limit (and if there is - what is it) to the size of an attachment sent to any of my aliases?
To be honest I dont recall any limit to attachment in existing Free accounts.

But to clarify, with the new release ( a few weeks ago) the free version is a Lite version, and does come with limits on emails to be received and attachment limits.

Again, any free account that is not a Lite version, has no limits.

You can sign on to your account, go to profile and see what your settings are.

Hope this helps
Old 8 Jun 2011, 03:11 AM   #10
LewisSoodonims

Representative of:
SoodoNims.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmailer View Post
Thanks for the clarification. But if you don't mind my asking for just a little more clarification, how old is "old"?

That is, I only opened my free account on April 15th, in anticipation of what the free account seemed to offer at that time, with the intention of using the features offered at the free level of service, but haven't needed it as of yet. So, in its having been created shortly before this change (I assume), will my free account be "unlimited," despite the fact that I hadn't quite gotten around to making use of it yet? Thanks.
Short AND long answer: YES!!!!
Old 8 Jun 2011, 06:58 AM   #11
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
By old, I was referring to any account open prior to the new release.
To keep it simple, ALL free accounts that exist today will remain that way for life.
The only exception are those accounts we find that have abused the service (eg: distributing spam). Those will be terminated as we discover them.
Quote:
Short AND long answer: YES!!!!
Thanks for the response and clarification.

Otherwise, as a perhaps more or less minor problem report,. I might mention that the "Remember me next time" option in the login dialog doesn't seem to work. When I check this box before logging in to my account, not only am I not logged in when returning to the site later, even when keeping the page with my account open after logging in, after a period of time when I click a link in the interface, the page refreshes showing me no longer logged in, and if the link I've clicked on requires being logged into my account, I'm presented with the login dialog again with neither the user name or password fields filled in. In case it may matter, this is using Firefox 3.6 with cookies enabled. While this issue doesn't seriously impact my use of the service, I thought it might be worth mentioning.

Anyway, thanks again.
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Jun 2011, 04:22 PM   #12
odedp
Master of the @

Quote:
To be honest I dont recall any limit to attachment in existing Free accounts.

But to clarify, with the new release ( a few weeks ago) the free version is a Lite version, and does come with limits on emails to be received and attachment limits.

Again, any free account that is not a Lite version, has no limits.

You can sign on to your account, go to profile and see what your settings are.

Hope this helps
So, are the old (and free) accounts the same as the current paid ones?
odedp is offline   Reply With Quote