EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 25 Jun 2017, 05:15 PM   #16
walesrob
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_devore View Post
I'm pretty sure the "many" DON'T HAVE CLUE what they want or need!
Ah, ok, so I've been with Fastmail for so long, but then I don't have a clue what I am doing or even what I need from the service. I could have chosen Google Apps or Microsoft Exchange, but no, I don't have a clue.

A classic "I'm right and you're wrong" statement. You have just lost the argument.

Are your hysterics gonna get more extreme in the coming few days?
walesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2017, 06:27 PM   #17
joe_devore
Essential Contributor

Question

Good grief......

Quote:
A classic "I'm right and you're wrong" statement.
really? lol
how does my statement imply that???

Quote:
Are your hysterics gonna get more extreme in the coming few days?
lol....
joe_devore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2017, 07:48 PM   #18
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

As every day, every hour, every minute, every second is bringing us all closer to the dreaded dooms day, I think we all need to pause and take a moment's thought.

Try to spend your last days in the company of family and friends, remember the good times, reflect on the decisions you've made in your life, and if you have a God in your life, seek solace in your religion.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2017, 09:59 PM   #19
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post
As every day, every hour, every minute, every second is bringing us all closer to the dreaded dooms day, I think we all need to pause and take a moment's thought.

Try to spend your last days in the company of family and friends, remember the good times, reflect on the decisions you've made in your life, and if you have a God in your life, seek solace in your religion.
I think this is a little too melodramatic. While the demise of the Classic interface will certainly end life as we have known it, I believe isolated pockets of human civilization will continue to survive. Alternatively, there is still time to sell your earthly possessions and become an ascetic, where the lack of folder message totals on the mail screen can be treated as one of the penances you need to bear in the search for enlightenment.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2017, 10:38 PM   #20
joe_devore
Essential Contributor

OMG, Good GAWD... LOL......

melodramatic = plemt of humor
Old 26 Jun 2017, 01:28 PM   #21
walesrob
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_devore View Post
really? lol
how does my statement imply that???
You said "I'm pretty sure the "many" DON'T HAVE CLUE what they want or need!"

You are implying that the majority of Fastmail users don't have a clue what they want from an email service.

I await your next emoji filled reply.....
walesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2017, 03:17 PM   #22
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Arrow Requested Classic features now added to normal user interface

The Classic-like features which have recently been tested in beta are now in production for normal use:
  • In Compose, setting the message as high priority (Importance: high & X-Priority: 1 (High) headers)
  • In Compose, requesting a read receipt (Disposition-Notification-To: header)
  • Ability to forward multiple messages as attachments to a single new message
  • A dark theme: https://blog.fastmail.com/2017/06/26/dark-theme/
The normal desktop PC user interface now includes all of these features. The large iOS (iPad) user interface also includes all of these features. But the small iOS (iPhone) user interface only includes the multiple message forwarding new feature, and does not include the three others at this time. The iOS devices now have a feature allowing the user to attach local photos and videos - I'm not sure how long that feature has been there, but I just noticed it today.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2017, 04:08 PM   #23
joe_devore
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by walesrob View Post
You said "I'm pretty sure the "many" DON'T HAVE CLUE what they want or need!"

You are implying that the majority of FastMail users don't have a clue what they want from an email service.

I await your next emoji filled reply.....
lol... sure ok
lets see..
1) Most people are not power users... (paying attention to and using advanced features of FastMail has to offer....) more or less...

2) then there is question of how many of today's present user-base actual ever had seen/used/known about the last UI, ie. Classic UI..
so plenty of new users would have only known-of or used the New UI... more or less/.. loi
and would have never have known of these legendary features... ;p

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
The Classic-like features which have recently been tested in beta are now in production for normal use:
  • In Compose, setting the message as high priority (Importance: high & X-Priority: 1 (High) headers)
The normal desktop PC user interface now includes all of these features. The large iOS (iPad) user interface also includes all of these features. But the small iOS (iPhone) user interface only includes the multiple message forwarding new feature, and does not include the three others at this time. The iOS devices now have a feature allowing the user to attach local photos and videos - I'm not sure how long that feature has been there, but I just noticed it today.

Bill
ooh.. yeah I just got the newsletter email from FastMail's Blog
about the dark theme... it didn't mention any of the other features tho...

lol now that they are "DONE" with those feature(s) integration/update.
maybe they could get to the ones I put in a request for.. that I find critical for my daily use of FastMail..

1) Folder counts (NEW/total) aligned to right margin.
2) Classic empty link on trash folder (optional.. lol yeah..)
3) The advanced and better organized search results like in the Classic UI, ie. In the Classic UI search results are organized by folders and have a [hr] to separate each folders output breaking up an endless chuck of data in to readable chunks.. the New UI no longer does this, good grief

Best piece I can suggest with these three L.E.G.E.N.D.A.R.Y. features...
lol is.... is the add them as "optional" settings to the...
- SETTINGS (dropdown-menu) -->MAIL -> Folders (page)

either top or bottom of the page, reasoning for adding said features as optional is it "satisfies" everyone, LOVERS(I need the features ;p ) and HATERS(I can't stand those features, good grief... loi ;p ) alike... lol

Last edited by joe_devore : 26 Jun 2017 at 04:15 PM.
Old 26 Jun 2017, 05:07 PM   #24
NJSS
Master of the @

n5bb wrote:-

Quote:
Requested Classic features now added to normal user interface

In Compose, setting the message as high priority (Importance: high & X-Priority: 1 (High) headers)
In Compose, requesting a read receipt (Disposition-Notification-To: header)
Ability to forward multiple messages as attachments to a single new message
A dark theme: https://blog.fastmail.com/2017/06/26/dark-theme/

The normal desktop PC user interface now includes all of these features
Bill many thanks for the above.

I am bemused, as I can't seem to be able to access how to set a message as high priority or request a read receipt.

Could you please spell out how to do this for an old buffer ?

Thanks in advance

NJSS
NJSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2017, 05:24 PM   #25
DumbGuy
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
<snip>

Bill
Thanks for this, Bill. I've been wondering what the status was of these promised features as we approach removal of the Classic UI. Glad to hear they have been added.

I just checked. The 2 features I care about are setting high priority & message delivery notification, and on the desktop UI they are located in a drop-down selector in the upper-right area of the Compose page -- where the "Make Plain/Rich Text" link used to be.

Last edited by DumbGuy : 26 Jun 2017 at 05:25 PM. Reason: typo + edit
DumbGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2017, 07:12 PM   #26
NJSS
Master of the @

Thanks DumbGuy.

I looked at the compose screen - but it still only showed the drop-down selector in the upper-right area of the Compose page "Make Plain/Rich Text".

I refreshed the screen to no avail, but when I logged out & back in again, all is as you suggest.

Many thanks.

NJSS
NJSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2017, 10:16 PM   #27
Bamb0
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline

I agree........ It will be a sad day.... (For those that realise what BETTER is)
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2017, 11:01 PM   #28
joe_devore
Essential Contributor

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamb0 View Post
I agree........ It will be a sad day.... (For those that realise what BETTER is)
HEAR HEAR!! for better it was L.E.G.E.N.R.A.D.Y. I DARE SAY!!! lol ;p