EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 18 Apr 2018, 06:48 AM   #1
paul444

Export mail from thunderbird to fastmail

A family member died who used Thunderbird. He has it set up to download all mail to the local drive and deleted from the email provider. I would like to create a folder for him in my fastmail account and have all of his thunderbird mail and folders exported to my fastmail folder. How do I go about doing this?

Last edited by paul444 : 18 Apr 2018 at 07:03 AM.
paul444 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 18 Apr 2018, 08:34 AM   #2
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

This is easy, but time consuming.

There are two separate tasks
  1. Add your FastMail account as an IMAP account in Thunderbird. Create a new folder under your account in FastMail using Thunderbird. Select all the emails in the local folders and move them to the new folder in your FastMail account. Depending on your Internet connection and the number/size of the emails, expect it to take hours to days for all the messages to actually upload to FastMail.
  2. Remove the POP account for your family member's old account in Thunderbird. In the FastMail web interface, go to Settings->Identities & Fetch and add the old account as a POP account.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote