EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 10 Apr 2018, 03:43 AM   #1
chickadee

new FastMail alias not receiving mail

My main FastMail address is <fubol@fastmail.fm>. Yesterday, I set up an alias <fubol@fastmail.com>. I am not receiving messages at the FastMail.com alias. What could the problem be? (Yes, I clicked the "Save" button when I set up the alias.)
chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10 Apr 2018, 08:43 AM   #2
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Double check that the alias is actually there, and some kind of silent error did not prevent its creation. If it is there, your report is curious. Check very carefully that you did not misspell the address, either in the alias or the test email. Otherwise, explanations I can think of are quite improbable. Did you receive any kind of error notification at the sending end? You could check to see if you have any Discard Rules that might be the culprit, but I doubt it for a newly created alias. If all else fails, initiate a support ticket and see if support an figure out what is happening.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Apr 2018, 10:14 AM   #3
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Arrow Try these tests

First send an email from your normal default account address to the new alias. Do you get a "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender" message?

Then I recommend looking at the Aliases screen.
  • This shows all aliases in your account and the delivery target for each alias (alias after to.below the alias name).
  • If the aliases listing looks OK, click Edit to see the details for that new alias.
    • Deliver to: These are one or more address(es) where incoming messages sent to the alias shown at the top of that screen are delivered.
      • If you attempt to use that same alias address as the delivery address, nothing will be delivered.
      • If you don't set any delivery address, nothing will be delivered.
    • Restrict senders: Unless you set Allow anyone to send to this address, some or all senders will not be able to send to this alias.
    • You must click Save at the top to apply any changes. You will then get a warning message reminding you that changes may take up to 15 minutes to take effect.
Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote