EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 12 Aug 2020, 04:43 PM   #1
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Head Scratcher

I received an e-mail today from the "G Suite Team" entitled:

Quote:
G Suite/Cloud Identity Data Processing Amendment updated to address the invalidation of EU-US Privacy Shield
There are a few links in the e-mail, and they appear to resolve to google.com.

The head scratcher was this:

Quote:
You have received this important update about your Google Cloud account because you designated this email address as a primary or secondary contact for mandatory service communications in your Admin console profile.
Now, the e-mail address quoted was "fixed@" at a domain name I had purchased a few weeks ago.

I had initially just set up a catchall address for the domain, but I certainly had not created a "fixed@" address or indeed not used this new domain at any of my G Suite accounts.

Yet, the e-mail does appear genuine.

However a search on this website may have solved this:

https://whoisrequest.com/history/

It showed that the domain in question had been dropped 4 times in the previous 5 years, before I purchased it.

So I would assume that a previous owner of the domain had a G Suite account, but had not updated it.

So hopefully, mystery solved?
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 13 Aug 2020, 04:57 PM   #2
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
You might find some interesting data at cloud.google.com if you can get into that account. Probably just historical though. It’s not just gsuite based on that text, but also Google Cloud (their AWS competitor). I use their DNS service these days, great setup.
jarland is offline   Reply With Quote