EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 20 Oct 2022, 07:47 PM   #1
OldiPadUser

Fastmail no longer working with older iPad

I have a perfect iPad which has come to its limit with iOS 10.3.3 - works fine for websites, youtube, Zoom and for online banking - but NOT for the past week, for Fastmail. When I try to log in, the website name changes to app.fastmail.com, and when I enter my username and password, I get the five bars in the middle, doing their waves --- and this never stops. I have emailed Fastmail support complaining that they seem to have abandoned users with older iPads - they have made various suggestions, which I have acted on, but no solution has yet emerged. They don't say that 10.3.3 is insecure or anything like that. Any suggestions?
OldiPadUser is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 21 Oct 2022, 06:01 AM   #2
gj15

Could you use the iOS Mail app rather than the Fastmail app? I have a 4th gen iPod touch (circa 2012) running iOS 5.1.1 and it still talks nicely to Fastmail using the iOS Mail app. It stopped working with Runbox and GMX when they both withdrew TLS1.0 and TLS1.1 support but Fastmail seem to continue to offer this.
gj15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2022, 06:10 AM   #3
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Do you use Fastmail in the browser or do you use the app?
Otherwise try to download the app from the App Store.
Although it says it requires iOS 11.0 or later.
Can't you update your iPad?
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote