EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 1 Dec 2017, 10:02 PM   #481
ChinaLamb
The "e" in e-mail

Location: a virtually impossible but finitely improbable position
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugwhamp View Post
Agreed completely. I've been a very happy user since 2004. Bamb0's unhinged hyperbole is legendary, if not occasionally entertaining.
Quite entertaining.

Let's see...
I've been an enhanced member for 14 years. Let's say i didn't take the multi year discount and paid full price.

Over 14 years I would have paid about $550. ASSUMING that bandwidth, storage, and server use was free (its not!), I could purchase $550 of a developer's time. That gets me, what? A total of 3-4 work days of a high quality developer's time - over a time of 14 years?

So what features does 3-4 days of development work entitle me to? Not much. That's assuming that the system was perfect and didn't require any maintenance either...

So to be fair to Fastmail, considering hardware, bandwidth, increased storage space, hard drives, processors, cables, heat, cooling, replacing failing memory, failed motherboards, etc. for all the equipment Bamb0 had access to, how much development time does Bamb0 get for the features Bamb0 wants? (hardware and maintenance are not free!!!)... Let's be generous and say Bamb0 paid for 1 day of development and the rest went to everything else. 1 day of development doesn't buy squat. Bamb0 is entitled to a new theme. That's about it.

This entitlement mentality has to stop...
ChinaLamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Dec 2017, 10:37 PM   #482
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

Let's not feed the troll. Bamb0 hasn't been happy for as long as I can remember. Yet for some reason, still continues to rant to us folks who can't do anything about it.
sflorack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Dec 2017, 11:55 PM   #483
ChinaLamb
The "e" in e-mail

Location: a virtually impossible but finitely improbable position
Quote:
Originally Posted by sflorack View Post
Let's not feed the troll. Bamb0 hasn't been happy for as long as I can remember. Yet for some reason, still continues to rant to us folks who can't do anything about it.
Aaaw. Things have been too quiet around here. The drama keeps things interesting...

Okay, okay,

On another note, It's Friday!
ChinaLamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Dec 2017, 10:34 AM   #484
thisisnotgood

I see..

this turd... I mean nerd of a company is still in business.
thisisnotgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Dec 2017, 01:01 PM   #485
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

I hope so....

If you find anything that even comes close to Fastmail please let us know what it is.

Last edited by Terry : 17 Feb 2018 at 07:15 PM.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Dec 2017, 01:22 PM   #486
somdcomputerguy
Cornerstone of the Community

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
If you find anything that evens comes close to Fastmail please let us know what it is.
Couldn't have said it better myself
somdcomputerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Dec 2017, 04:56 PM   #487
noclue

In my experience, no email is this good. It's idiosyncrasies sometimes make me crazy, but after 10 years, I'm staying put.
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Dec 2017, 02:39 AM   #488
somdcomputerguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue View Post
In my experience, no email is this good. It's idiosyncrasies sometimes make me crazy, but after 10 years, I'm staying put.
Quote:
Originally Posted by somdcomputerguy View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself
What he said.
somdcomputerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Feb 2018, 08:48 AM   #489
DontWantGMail

End of Fastmail

Hi, I never post anywhere, but still a little shocked and sad about Fastmail being turned into a paid service and needed to type to anyone.

Like everyone else I found out about Fastmail changing to pay last year, and I've been trying out other emails and it looks like big bad GMail will be the new one.

Its ok to garner an income from the good services provided by Fastmail, but years ago I paid some $ for a big old 50 MB(!!) of storage, which has been enough.

I thought they said it was for a lifetime.

sigh.
DontWantGMail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2018, 10:37 PM   #490
JamesHenderson

wow - I'm exhausted

Hi all,

I have just read this entire thread and found it thoroughly depressing (I think someone called it a car wreck earlier). I was supposed to go out 30 mins ago, but had to read through it all first - couldn't help myself.

There clearly were/are some upset people.

Fastmail has, overall, worked out very well for me (I remember some outages way back and a few other topics too). I check other email providers annually, but have always concluded that Fastmail is the right one for me. I guess one day that may change though - nothing is forever.

...changing email address is a real pain and hope that I won't have to do it again having got my own domain back in 2002 with the Fastmail enhanced package.

Before then I had had at least 5 different email addresses (incl. Compuserve, Bigfoot and Fastmail). I got Bigfoot "for life" as well but quickly realised I was not really in control of it.
JamesHenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2018, 11:25 PM   #491
odedp
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHenderson View Post
Hi all,

I have just read this entire thread and found it thoroughly depressing (I think someone called it a car wreck earlier). I was supposed to go out 30 mins ago, but had to read through it all first - couldn't help myself.

There clearly were/are some upset people.

Fastmail has, overall, worked out very well for me (I remember some outages way back and a few other topics too). I check other email providers annually, but have always concluded that Fastmail is the right one for me. I guess one day that may change though - nothing is forever.

...changing email address is a real pain and hope that I won't have to do it again having got my own domain back in 2002 with the Fastmail enhanced package.

Before then I had had at least 5 different email addresses (incl. Compuserve, Bigfoot and Fastmail). I got Bigfoot "for life" as well but quickly realised I was not really in control of it.
I had too a "bigfoot for life address" but moved to Pobox 17(!!) years ago
Pobox forwards my incoming emails to 3 email accounts I own (Fastmail being one of them)
odedp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2018, 06:50 PM   #492
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by odedp View Post
I had too a "bigfoot for life address" but moved to Pobox 17(!!) years ago
Pobox forwards my incoming emails to 3 email accounts I own (Fastmail being one of them)
Pobox is owned by Fastmail...
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2018, 01:02 AM   #493
Bamb0
Master of the @

Ah man!!
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2018, 04:22 PM   #494
odedp
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Pobox is owned by Fastmail...
Of course I know that!
Which makes me a user of 2 very good and reliable services
odedp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2020, 09:38 AM   #495
thisisnotgood

wow...

I see this geeky poo of an email company is still going. I guess their flux capacitor is still working!
thisisnotgood is offline   Reply With Quote