EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > The Off-Topic Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

The Off-Topic Lounge APPROPRIATE FAMILY-FRIENDLY TOPICS ONLY - READ THE RULES!
This forum is for posting anything (excluding topics prohibited by the forum rules) that's unrelated to email. General discussions, in other words.

Old 24 May 2018, 06:24 PM   #1
tuanbusku

Inserting an image in the webmail interface

I am evaluating FastMail to see if I want to switch to using it and just experimenting with various features and discover one minor irritation.

I am not able to insert (embed) an image when composing an email using the webmail interface. Whenever I try to drag an image (for example a .png) into the message portion of the compose window it acts as if I am dragging it to be an attachment, i.e. the "Drop files to attach to message" appears to make the image file an attachment even though I am dragging into the text portion.

This happens when using FireFox 48.0.2 (my preferred browser) on a OS X Mac 10.6.7 system. It does not happen using Chrome. FF 48.0.2 is not the current FF but the last version that works on OS X 10.6.7. No, I am not going to upgrade to use the latest stuff for private reasons. Let's not get into a debate about this.

I've tried using a fresh/pristine FF profile so this is not a cookie or extension problem. I've checked the browser error console so it's not some kind of html error or javascript problem. It just seems that's the way FastMail behaves on my version of Firefox.

I'm posting here to see if anyone else has seen this behavior using Firefox. In every other webmail I've encountered I've never seen this kind of behavior before. I guess I being a bit anal or have some OCD where I want everything to be "perfect" during my evaluation.

I said above it's a "minor irritation" in that I probably will never encounter composing email through the webmail interface in "real life". That's because I use Thunderbird for my email client. I hate webmail interfaces and always prefer email clients. I haven't found any problems using Thunderbird so far. But I am curious why the webmail behaves this way for inserting images. Is it specific to my version of Firefox or with Firefox in general?
tuanbusku is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 24 May 2018, 09:51 PM   #2
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

http://www.emaildiscussions.com/show...02&postcount=1
Why posting it here again? And why under another account name?
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2018, 04:10 AM   #3
Bamb0
Master of the @

I wonder if he thinks it will get him a faster answer?

Welcome to EMD tuanbusku .. Only 1 account is needed my friend,someone will come hopefully soon with an answer
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2018, 04:58 AM   #4
ReuvenNY

I think it's a spammer (from Vietnam) who copied a legit posting from somewhere. I am watching!!
ReuvenNY is offline   Reply With Quote