EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 25 Nov 2020, 09:22 AM   #1
ellentk
Essential Contributor

How to Delete Recipient from Compose Dropdown List?

When I add recipients to a message, a dropdown list of suggestions appears as soon as I start typing. I'd like to remove one but can't figure out how. It's not in my address book. If it's in a recents list, where is the list located? If it's not viewable, how can I delete suggested recipients from the drop down list?

I'm assuming that the list is generated and kept by FM, but it could be my browser. Not sure about that either.

Thanks for any help.
ellentk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 25 Nov 2020, 02:39 PM   #2
xyzzy
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellentk;618134I
t's not in my address book.
Did you verify that by searching the contacts list through its search box? I'm pretty sure the To field suggestions of a compose are driven only by the contacts list.

Is it possibly you have a list of email addresses (e.g., a whitelist) that has multiple email address entries corresponding to a single contact "name" in the left list of the contacts page? A search would still find those too.

Last edited by xyzzy : 25 Nov 2020 at 02:54 PM.
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Nov 2020, 06:25 AM   #3
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Edit wrong answer.

Last edited by Terry : 26 Nov 2020 at 07:49 AM.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Nov 2020, 07:29 AM   #4
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Arrow Autosaved contact group

If you are logging into your Fastmail account from a browser on a PC (and not using an email client), I agree with the suggestion that the choices you are given come from your Contacts list. Here is how new people are added to the Autosaved address book group in Contacts automatically:
  • Navigate to Settings>Customize>Preferences>(Show advanced preferences at the bottom)>Compose & Reply>Auto-save contacts
  • You can choose to automatically add new contacts (to your Autosaved address book group) when you send them an email.
To search for an address so you can remove it from your Contacts, be sure to first select All Contacts at the upper left. The entry might be in the Autosaved group and/or other contact groups.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Nov 2020, 07:33 AM   #5
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Settings then identities....I hope that is what you are after.
Terry: Your sending identities are not shown when you enter text in a To/Cc/Bcc field.
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote