EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Oct 2013, 10:42 AM   #121
ioneja
Cornerstone of the Community

Thanks, Rob! Very much appreciate your pulling back the curtain on how you guys operate. Happy to be a customer, and hope you guys thrive under the "new" ownership.
Old 23 Oct 2013, 11:37 AM   #122
brong
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Fastmail.fm
I'm still alive Just a bit sick so I'm taking the day off instead of making everyone else sick too.

Wow, that technology page is a little out of date. Not too much though - the hardware has evolved a couple of times since - most of our compute work is on Dell bladecentres, and our IMAP servers are still a few of the IBMs, though they're on the way out. We have Intel 2U machines, Dell 2U machines and the new SuperMicro 4U machines that I talked about above.

(speaking of which, RAID finished rebuilding overnight on the one that's being configured with 40 slots... time to set it up!)

We also use sha1 rather than md5 for the integrity checks in Cyrus now (but that's been the case for about 5 years across a major upstream release, so it's hardly news - and it doesn't matter much, they're both perfectly viable for this use case, particularly since an attacker can't control the headers we add to the message before delivery)

Bron.
Old 14 Nov 2013, 10:27 PM   #123
ReuvenNY

Moderator's comment

This thread pertains to an increase that took place in May 2010. There is a new thread that discusses the current increases/changes in FM service - http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=67932
To eliminate confusion I am closing this 3.5 years old thread.
Closed Thread