EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Apr 2011, 09:12 AM   #31
pr472

Not working

I signed up for an account, and sent two test messages to two different email addresses, and both messages came back as "undeliverable". One of the messages I got when my email was returned said:

Quote:
50-Your message was rejected by this system and was not delivered.
550-Reason: This system will not accept messages from servers/devices with no reverse DNS. IP=[199.16.154.145]
So two of my other accounts would not accept mail from your server, unfortunately.
Old 4 Apr 2011, 04:13 PM   #32
OzySites

Representative of:
Ozymail.com.au
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr472 View Post
I signed up for an account, and sent two test messages to two different email addresses, and both messages came back as "undeliverable". One of the messages I got when my email was returned said:

So two of my other accounts would not accept mail from your server, unfortunately.
What type of email service are you using as I use this everyday without issues. Send me an email, I will send you a PM with my email address although it is not hard as it is ozymail at ozymail dot com dot au, no secrets their as it's our public address.

I will reply there. If you could PM me your Log-In details I can check this matter out futher for you as it just doesn't sound like it's an issue coming from our end.

Cheers
Phil
Old 4 Apr 2011, 07:54 PM   #33
OzySites

Representative of:
Ozymail.com.au
Quote:
Originally Posted by B4its2L8 View Post
Not exactly sure what you're asking here. Are you asking if I have IE ? Or are you asking if I have an add-on for FF that uses IE ? Yes to the former question; no to the latter.

I noted in post #10 above that I'm presently using 3.6.16. Here are the "About" specs: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.16) Gecko/20110319 Firefox/3.6.16

Thanks !
Hello

The FF issue has been fixed and you should not have anymore issues.

Cheers
Old 4 Apr 2011, 08:26 PM   #34
OzySites

Representative of:
Ozymail.com.au
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmailer View Post
I don't know whether this service is connected in any way or not, but the webmail interface looks a lot like that of a couple other services discussed in these forums quite awhile ago (whose names/domains unfortunately now elude my memory), whose proprietor(s) seemed to virtually spam this forum similar to the way this one appears to me to be doing now, and which I believe were relatively short-lived after a similar initial flurry of "excitement" to what I see here.

Between this déjà vu feeling and what seems to me a possibly questionable definition of "spam" by the OP and other issues raised in this thread, for now I remain decidedly skeptical of the service under discussion here.
Hello Skeptic

I am sorry to hear that you feel this way.

I came to an emailing forum to introduce and discuss our new free emailing services. there is nothing in the rules that says I cannot do that although the rules do state that I must indroduce myself as such owner which I did.

Spamming as you call it would be quite a harsh word given I know all about spamming as we constantly fight/work against it.

What you see here is not called spamming, it is just 1 single topic which has interested others.

I see within this forum there is this category (Email Service Provider-specific Forums ) I am quite happy to be moved to there as being part of an emailing forum can only help us better our services to our users.
What is required to request for this topic to be moved to that specific category?

We are not connected to any other webmail services what so ever as we are a company called Ozy Industries based in Australia who owns quite a number of websites. Actually we are only about a year old and less for some of our websites as we are still creating them to complete our business structure.

As for not being around long! Considering we deal with website hosting services and quite a large number of other online services we are not about to close down as we own well over 200 domain names with only about 10% filled out.

Plus the word OZY is a registered/protected trademark name which was not done because we had nothing better to do.

Quote:
whose proprietor(s) seemed to virtually spam this forum similar to the way this one appears to me to be doing now
All I have done is introduce a free email service and then answered questions for interested parties about that service. This is what a forum is all about isn't it. I know ours is. I do not know you or know what you do as I am not going to check your profile to find out, But it seems you may be a bit upset that we have take some interest in such a short time which I didn't expect myself, personally trying to degrade a service just because they are atracting interest is not what I see as being a good sport.

The other matter which is most important is the mention of our faults within our system. Before being here we where not aware of these issues and completely welcome those telling use where the problems/issues are as this only helps us create an even better service issue free which is what we are after.

I am happy to have found this forum and hope that we are not considered spammers here as this is just a single topic on a specific subject as first mentioned in my first post.

Yes we do have our own forum but this is only new and doesn't have the traffic which allows us to communicate with users at the moment. Plus if you notice I placed a topic there from here linking it back to here within that topic. As a webmaster I do understand the differences about what is right and wrong as I would expect the same respect within our own.

Cheers
Phil
Old 4 Apr 2011, 08:40 PM   #35
OzySites

Representative of:
Ozymail.com.au
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berenburger View Post
Hello

Yes we are listed there and we feel this is due to past users of this IP address. When we started up we found ourselves listed on 5 different balcklists just a week after going online with no users but ourselves. After some extensive research and discussions with these blacklisters they agreed with us as the blacklisting was placed there before we where even allocated these IP address. There is only one left which even though we have contacted them they are waiting to see if we are going to be spammers, in the meantime we are still listed there much to our discust. Unfair it is but we don't control these things they do.

The reason it shows up as ozymail is because these blacklisting programs don't blacklist names, they blacklist IP address and being that this IP address was with them before we got it means that it now resolves back to us. We are working at having it removed ASAP or at least as soon as they see that we are not what they think we are.

Once we have removed ourselves from this last list we can then work on getting ourselves whitelisted where it counts.

Cheers
Old 4 Apr 2011, 09:32 PM   #36
OzySites

Representative of:
Ozymail.com.au
Quote:
Originally Posted by communicant View Post
The registration page says that an alternative email must be provided so that an activation link can be sent before the account becomes fully available. I provided one when signing up, but no link or activation message was ever sent to the alternative email address.
Yes you are required to validate via email. You where just lucky as I turned this setting off for a while, while I was testing the issues out which where mentioned to me yesterday on this forum. just to save myself time that's all. I have since re-set this to requiring activation. You just got lucky that's all.LOL

Quote:
Even so, when I returned to Ozymail I was able to login to the Ozymail account and send two test messages, so it seems that the left hand may not entirely know what the right hand is doing regarding signup procedures and requirements.
The left hand always knows what the right hand is doing 24/7 believe me.LOL

Quote:
The bad news is that of the two test messages sent to two different accounts, one never arrived at all and the other arrived in the spam bin. Ozysites, why would a message from your domain get routed straight to the spam folder? Is OzyMail blacklisted anywhere? Given that you freely state that your paid service serves spammers, I wouldn't be surprised. And what about the signup requirement? Do you require activation from an alternative address or not?
You ask the same questions above which I answered so I will only answer those that have not yet been answered.

If these messages where sent from ozymail then I can answer your question.
Why not recieved, because we have a special spam filter that preverts users sending the same identical email even to a different reciepient one after the other. this is a spam prevention feature on free accounts. You can how ever send the same email to a number of reciepients at the same time without issues. I have explianed this on one of my past replies.

May I suggest that you check you spam filters to see if by some unknow reason your settings are not set to redirecting all webmail or particular webmail addresses, words, or words within the content the email you are recieving which may cause it to be re-routed to the spam bin. If the blacklisting we do have on there is causing this which I dout as we have no issues when my redirected ozymail arrives on our PC email interface. We have all our support email redirected for quicker notification to us that someone requires our help. None ever go to the spam bin.

I answered the blacklisting issue in a past post, please go back a read it.

Quote:
Given that you freely state that your paid service serves spammers, I wouldn't be surprised.
It doesn't serve spammers it serves marketers who send bulk emails to subscribe members. There is a differance between the two. One uses bots to collect email addresses from websites which is not ethical at all and is not appreciated by any webmaster at all. The other only send emails to those how have clicked on a subscribe link to accept recieving marketing/advertising emails. A spammer is one that wants everthing for nothing and will go to any lenghts to do it, a Marketer is one that relizers the importance of staying in good with thier reciepients so are prepared to pay for using a service to be able to do it freely without annoying those that never asked to have emails sent to them. Then there is the server resoures, Marketers support those who offer these emailing resources as they do not come cheap, Spammers do not care about where their resources come from as long as it is free, If they get banned they just move on to another free email account or use another name until they get caught again. It's a never ending cycle with those free spammers as they just have no idea hwo much they are just not wanted by both the email account owners and the recipients themselves, but what do they care.

Yes we will continue to fight against spammmers as they distroy the internet no different to what hackers do.

Cheers
Phil
Old 5 Apr 2011, 02:01 AM   #37
pr472

continued problems

I just sent you a PM, but I continue to have my email returned when I send messages from your site.

As I said in my PM, this is the message I receive when sending from ozymail:

Connecting IP must have valid PTR record for 199.16.154.145
Old 5 Apr 2011, 03:51 AM   #38
soromak
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
I just sent you a PM, but I continue to have my email returned when I send messages from your site.

I can confirm it as well.
Lack of revDNS (PTR record) causes the messages send from Ozy to be either rejected my e-mail servers with more restrictive policy or earns additional points in SpamAssassin tests.
Old 5 Apr 2011, 04:34 AM   #39
OzySites

Representative of:
Ozymail.com.au
Quote:

Hello Rick

I have entered your account at ozymail to make some tests and the follow is what I did within your email box once I entered.

Step1)
I sent an email to myself at my email address which I recieved within a few seconds. The proof of this can be viewed in an email on your account which was sent after I had to verify in my email box that I have read your email.
The verifier then send the sender (in this case you) an email to show that the recipient (in this case me) has actually read the email sent to them.
step2)
I then from my email box replied to your email which you recieved within just a few seconds. I haven't even opened that email as yet within your account as I will leave that up to you as I already know what it says.

Step3)
I then created a test aliases address within your account (still there) and sent emails using that as the from address when composing an email. I both recieved and replied to in my account and you recieved it back.
All the emails are there for you to see and read. Please read them by clicking on the EYE icon as this will show you all the header details.

SO as far as I can see from you you have no issues sending and recieving emails.

Cheers
Philippe
Old 5 Apr 2011, 04:35 AM   #40
OzySites

Representative of:
Ozymail.com.au
Quote:
Originally Posted by soromak View Post
I can confirm it as well.
Lack of revDNS (PTR record) causes the messages send from Ozy to be either rejected my e-mail servers with more restrictive policy or earns additional points in SpamAssassin tests.
Please read the reply post above on this issue
Old 5 Apr 2011, 04:55 AM   #41
pr472

I don't understand the problem...

First of all, thank you for all your good efforts into this program I am having!

I replied to your email (as administrator) and I Cc: to my ISP email account. The email to you went through. Unfortunately, the email to my ISP account was again returned to me with this message:

Quote:
SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:
host mail18.toast.net [68.70.182.12]: 501 Connecting IP must have valid PTR record for 199.16.154.145
I tried again with another ISP mail account that I have--again, unfortunately with the same result!!
Old 5 Apr 2011, 04:59 AM   #42
pr472

Number 2

Here is the return from my second ISP account:

Quote:
host mail.lakesnet.net [208.35.238.130]: 550-Your message was rejected by this system and was not delivered.
550-Reason: This system will not accept messages from servers/devices with no reverse DNS. IP=[199.16.154.145]
Old 5 Apr 2011, 05:13 AM   #43
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzySites View Post
Hello Skeptic

I am sorry to hear that you feel this way.

I came to an emailing forum to introduce and discuss our new free emailing services. there is nothing in the rules that says I cannot do that although the rules do state that I must indroduce myself as such owner which I did.

Spamming as you call it would be quite a harsh word given I know all about spamming as we constantly fight/work against it.

What you see here is not called spamming, it is just 1 single topic which has interested others.

I see within this forum there is this category (Email Service Provider-specific Forums ) I am quite happy to be moved to there as being part of an emailing forum can only help us better our services to our users.
What is required to request for this topic to be moved to that specific category?

We are not connected to any other webmail services what so ever as we are a company called Ozy Industries based in Australia who owns quite a number of websites. Actually we are only about a year old and less for some of our websites as we are still creating them to complete our business structure.

As for not being around long! Considering we deal with website hosting services and quite a large number of other online services we are not about to close down as we own well over 200 domain names with only about 10% filled out.

Plus the word OZY is a registered/protected trademark name which was not done because we had nothing better to do.

All I have done is introduce a free email service and then answered questions for interested parties about that service. This is what a forum is all about isn't it. I know ours is. I do not know you or know what you do as I am not going to check your profile to find out, But it seems you may be a bit upset that we have take some interest in such a short time which I didn't expect myself, personally trying to degrade a service just because they are atracting interest is not what I see as being a good sport.

The other matter which is most important is the mention of our faults within our system. Before being here we where not aware of these issues and completely welcome those telling use where the problems/issues are as this only helps us create an even better service issue free which is what we are after.

I am happy to have found this forum and hope that we are not considered spammers here as this is just a single topic on a specific subject as first mentioned in my first post.

Yes we do have our own forum but this is only new and doesn't have the traffic which allows us to communicate with users at the moment. Plus if you notice I placed a topic there from here linking it back to here within that topic. As a webmaster I do understand the differences about what is right and wrong as I would expect the same respect within our own.

Cheers
Phil
It's pretty clear from others' comments here that I'm not the only one who seemed to have some question about your apparent definition of "spam" in your initial posts.

Otherwise, two test messages I sent to my ozymail address yesterday, (one to my primary account address and the other to an alias) never arrived, nor did I ever receive a "bounce" message to apprise me of non-delivery. Since I couldn't seem to send a message to my account, it seemed pointless to try sending any messages from it, since if it can't even receive messages, the service is worthless.

Today I tried to send another test message to the account (one message addressed to both the primary user name and an alias). I then tried logging into my account to check whether it (or the ones sent yesterday) arrived, but today I'm unable to even login to my account. Although I'm quite certain that my user name and password are correct, I would attempt to do a password recovery, but as far as I can tell you don't even seem to have a password reset/recovery system in place.

Based on my own experience and reports by others here of the apparent unreliability, to say the least, of the sending and receiving of messages, my inability to login to my account, and other issues raised here, I've thus far seen little to appease my skepticism about this service.

Last edited by xmailer : 5 Apr 2011 at 05:22 AM.
Old 5 Apr 2011, 06:10 AM   #44
soromak

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzySites View Post
Please read the reply post above on this issue
You should consider external server with more restrictive policy not Ozymail.
You try to keep your service professional but adding revDNS is a problem?
That is imho not very professional and I am not surprised messages get rejected at external servers. You could simply sort it out by adding one record and issue would be solved once for all.
Old 5 Apr 2011, 06:16 AM   #45
communicant

My jaw has yet to climb back from the floor where recent replies from OzySites have sent it. To take just one point, I reported sending two test messages to different accounts, one of which did not arrive at all and the other of which arrived in the spam bin. OzySites replied as follows (further up in this thread):

-----------------------------------------------------------
>If these messages where sent from ozymail then I can answer your question. Why not recieved [sic] , because we have a special spam filter that preverts [sic] users sending the same identical email even to a different reciepient [sic] one after the other. this is a spam prevention feature on free accounts. You can how ever [sic] send the same email to a number of reciepients [sic] at the same time without issues. I have explianed [sic] this on one of my past replies.
------------------------------------------------------------

I seldom have use for this sort of abbreviation, but WTF seems an appropriate reaction to the above. A filter prevents sending the same wording to different recipients consecutively, even if there are only two of them? But it's perfectly OK to send the same email to a much larger number of recipients if this is done as a single message with multiple recipients? What on earth?? Anyway, I never said my messages were identical, or consecutive. I merely said I had sent two messages. One never arrived (it still hasn't), and the other was instantly tagged as spam by the receiving domain. That is what I reported, which sounds similar to what others here are reporting. OzySites' reply shows a number of things: he has not understood what has been clearly reported to him; his service has very serious flaws, at least some of which seem to be self-inflicted; and (not to be personal, but I do believe there is a significant correlation between care taken in the use of language and care taken in other areas of endeavor, including computer programming), he apparently can't spell, or even be bothered to employ a spell-checker or read over what he has written before sending it, which is not a good indication of clear thinking or acting in other areas. He also seems to think that reasonable questions and reports of problems are marks of not being "a good sport." He says we are "trying to degrade" his service because it is "atracting [sic] interest" in these forums and he apparently believes that EMD members are jealous of the attention he is receiving and are acting like poor sports. If this sort of logic were applied to programming, I shudder to think of the likely results. Good heavens. Enough said.
Closed Thread