EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 22 Jul 2016, 10:40 AM   #1
Epoch

Fast becoming disillusioned

I've been a free member since way back when Fastmail was no frills speed & function.

Today I'm unable to log in.
A bit concerned by this, but it has been restored.

There have been some really annoying things going on, removing the nofrills classic, changing to .com which has resulted in constant fishing attempts.

Last edited by Epoch : 22 Jul 2016 at 11:13 AM. Reason: restored
Epoch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 23 Jul 2016, 12:24 AM   #2
paleolith
Cornerstone of the Community

Epoch, the world moves on, without our consent or permission. If your Mac Plus and Applewriter II are working fine and doing all you need, there's no reason to get a newer system, much less a smartphone. Just don't expect to browse the web with it.

If we want to interact with the rest of the world, we have to do some work to stay in sync with it. I often dislike this too. I got my first smartphone a couple of months ago; up to then I didn't see enough benefit to be worth the time spent learning Yet Another UI. I've been involved with computers since 1966. Fifty years. I can learn another UI; I've learned plenty in my life. I've also learned that each new UI takes time to pick up, so I wait until I need it.

I doubt the .com addition has made any difference in phishing attempts. I've seen several waves of this general issue -- some change happens just as some Bad Thing ramps up. I've made such false correlations myself. In any case, you have the choice of many other domain names. fastmail.fm still works, and they offer dozens of others. There's absolutely no way that fastmail.com is attracting new spam to the other domains.

Edward
paleolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2016, 08:18 AM   #3
astrodog73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoch View Post
I've been a free member since way back when Fastmail was no frills speed & function.

Today I'm unable to log in.
A bit concerned by this, but it has been restored.

There have been some really annoying things going on, removing the nofrills classic, changing to .com which has resulted in constant fishing attempts.
Sounds like you have got your moneys worth then.....
astrodog73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2016, 10:44 AM   #4
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoch View Post
As have I Epoch. I first joined Fastmail in 2001. I was not as as smart as you however, and since that time have paid Fastmail at least a few hundred dollars. But I digress; you are not really posting here (methinks) in order to complain about the quality of the service....
David is offline   Reply With Quote