EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 31 Oct 2012, 04:58 AM   #16
adwade

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverD View Post

The links shown below will download the relevant style sheet. I will add more if requested. The files themselves are the property of Fastmail unless told otherwise. They need to be renamed as main.css before they can be used.

Concise
When I tried to d/l the concise one, all I get is...

{"error": "Service Unavailable"}

Has the popularity of this style sheet taxed the available bandwidth?
adwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2012, 05:11 AM   #17
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwade View Post
When I tried to d/l the concise one, all I get is...

{"error": "Service Unavailable"}

Has the popularity of this style sheet taxed the available bandwidth?
Try again ... just worked for me. If it still fails, try clearing your cache and cookies (or use another browser).
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2012, 06:02 AM   #18
adwade

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritTim View Post
Try again ... just worked for me. If it still fails, try clearing your cache and cookies (or use another browser).
I tried it again, first in Safari, then in FireFox again and it worked both times. No idea what was going on before, but THANXX for the suggestion. Something got it to work this go-around!

Quote:
...They need to be renamed as main.css before they can be used.

Concise

Good luck!
Oliver,
First off I didn't need any luck. Your instructions (in post #12 of this thread) were clear enough (even for a non-coder) that it worked like a charm!

Second, you are now raised to the status of a GOD in my eyes.

My interface now looks just like it USED TO...and as GOD intended it to be.
adwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2012, 07:17 AM   #19
astrodog73

Oliver - another "you are a God" vote from me..... my beloved concise sheet is restored!
astrodog73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2012, 07:23 AM   #20
SoluzarZero

Quote:
Oh well here's hoping I don't get my fingers burned!

Only do this if you are confident with the procedure. Note that it may interfere with updates and improvements made by Fastmail in the coming days. I cannot give any guarantees that it will work for you or for how long it will work.
I appreciate the effort, but it still doesn't look quite how I remember it. For one thing, I don't recall ever seeing that bright orange colour anywhere in the interface I enjoyed using.

It's a start anyway... maybe a better stylesheet can be created as time goes by.
SoluzarZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2012, 07:39 AM   #21
OliverD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoluzarZero View Post
I appreciate the effort, but it still doesn't look quite how I remember it. For one thing, I don't recall ever seeing that bright orange colour anywhere in the interface I enjoyed using.

It's a start anyway... maybe a better stylesheet can be created as time goes by.
As I mentioned in the original post, those are just two of the possible style sheets. I happen to use concise myself which is why I came to this thread initially. I'll add a couple more style sheets to the original post.

Update: I have now added some more style sheets from the old system. Go and check my original post again (#12) and try them out to see if they match what you had before.

Last edited by OliverD : 31 Oct 2012 at 07:57 AM.
OliverD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2012, 07:48 AM   #22
SoluzarZero

Quote:
As I mentioned in the original post, those are just two of the possible style sheets. I happen to use concise myself which is why I came to this thread initially. I'll add a couple more style sheets to the original post.
I appreciate that, yes. I don't really remember what stylesheet I was using. I haven't changed my setting in years, so I don't really remember what it was.

I just tried "standard" and it's near enough to what I remember. The text size isn't the same, and the drop-down lists look a little weird when I open them, but on the whole, it's close enough that I can get by - unless Fastmail decide to remove the classic UI option, or force other changes upon us.
SoluzarZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2012, 09:17 AM   #23
Prognathous
Master of the @

Thanks OliverD! It's great to see the familiar Fastmail look again. Too bad for those who don't follow the forum who have to deal with the new interface.

Prog.
Prognathous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2012, 02:51 PM   #24
goodbyefastmail

So now in order to keep fastmail looking like it was the last time you checked email you have to first try and login and discover all what is broken/changed/missing then attempt to find a forum post with the correct tweak and CSS file to manually get it back working....

um no thanks , fastmail supposed to be fast. I do not have the time for all this extra work and headaches.

Attention Fastmail bring back concise , and not only the stylesheet but the rest of the "concise" look and feel that fastmail had years ago.
goodbyefastmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2012, 04:04 PM   #25
too_much_study

Thanks OliverD.

Successfully reverted to the "standard" stylesheet.

Only thing missing is the icons. Would be great if FastMail could return these.

Also liked the style sheet from the old (pre-classic) interface. FastMail should make that available too.
too_much_study is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2012, 05:16 PM   #26
Goldstein

Big thanks to OlivierD. Even my extra tweaks (removing certain things etc..) work ok again. Same as 'too_much_study' -only icons are missing.
Goldstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2012, 06:36 PM   #27
OliverD

Fastmail have restored all the original style sheets so my method is no longer required. (They are not exactly the same as mine but are the official ones)

Thank you Fastmail for resolving this quickly.

Last edited by OliverD : 31 Oct 2012 at 06:51 PM.
OliverD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2012, 09:12 PM   #28
Joe Green

I'll add myself to the list of people grateful to OliverD. Nice work Oliver.
Joe Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2012, 09:20 PM   #29
Joe Green

Important update: Oliver, I don't think you're correct in saying that they've restored the original stylesheets. Their "Concise" is quite like it used to be but is still distinctly inferior to yours (most glaringly in using an unpleasant font for plain-text email body viewing, which was certainly not the case before), so I maintain my current level of gratitude to you.
Joe Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2012, 09:37 PM   #30
labarum
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Green View Post
Important update: Oliver, I don't think you're correct in saying that they've restored the original stylesheets. Their "Concise" is quite like it used to be but is still distinctly inferior to yours (most glaringly in using an unpleasant font for plain-text email body viewing, which was certainly not the case before), so I maintain my current level of gratitude to you.
The default font for plain text email viewing may be changed in your browser preferences.
labarum is offline   Reply With Quote