EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 5 Feb 2013, 07:43 AM   #1
hsuodhf93

Quota usage indicators

Per this thread it is important to have some indication of quota usage for bandwidth.
  • The only current way to determine quota usage appears to manually sum the sizes of the files accessed in a given period
  • A bandwidth usage indicator as used to exist with the monthly bandwidth limits would be useful
  • At the very least an auto-generated email when bandwidth is near limit would warn of account blocks prior to them being implemented.
  • The help file is totally out of date by over a year. This is not acceptable for a paid service.

I hope someone from fastmail can respond here so I don't need to raise a support ticket.
hsuodhf93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 5 Feb 2013, 04:48 PM   #2
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

What happens when the account gets blocked because of hourly quota? Does it remain blocked for N hours/days and gets automatically reactivated afterwards? Or do you have to raise a support ticket to unblock it?
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Feb 2013, 05:28 PM   #3
hobbes

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsuodhf93 View Post
[*]At the very least an auto-generated email when bandwidth is near limit would warn of account blocks prior to them being implemented.
IIRC, this is the case, unless it's change recently.

However, as I mentioned in an older thread, I received the warning email AFTER my account was blocked. It does reset itself, but I cannot recall how long it was blocked for. If I recall correctly, emails to a blocked account are bounced, so this is a severe punishment for breaking limits that are hidden from the user.

The fact that FM have a mechanism to send warning emails suggests it would be a trivial task to show the usage in the interface. But, I'm struggling to understand some of the changes to the interface recently, so I'm not sure if logic is the best guide to what FM will do.
hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote