EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Google Gmail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Google Gmail Forum Discussions related to Google's Gmail service should go here: suggestions, tips, comments, requests for help, tech issues etc.

Old 3 Jan 2022, 01:31 AM   #1
AccessShell

Question Sending Messages

I am using gmail on a win10 computer. I have been using gmail for several years now.

Currently I cannot send text messages to a cell phone. I have been doing this for some time. Most of the text I send use the addr format a 1234567890@txt.att.net

I get no indication the text was not sent. However, the recipient never receives the text.
I use gmail for sending text because the recipient can reply back to me. However, when using this texting method, the recipient, or anyone else cannot initiate a text to me. That's fine.

Can anyone explain to me why the texts are not either being sent, or not being received?

Thanks
AccessShell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 4 Jan 2022, 12:33 AM   #2
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

I cannot provide a definitive answer, but I suggest you try sending an email to the same address from another provider (not gmail). This may (repeat: may) tell you whether the problem is specific to gmail.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Jan 2022, 06:25 AM   #3
AccessShell

Very strange behavior. I sent the test at 4:02 PM today from my yahoo account. The recipient received the text at 4:14 PM I received a response at my email account at 4:14 PM.

So 2 things happened here.
1. Thee text was received in only 12 minutes. I thought it should be faster. Bit it was not stalled by over 30 hours through gmail, and still not delivered.
2. Yahoo received a response from text. It was sent sa a reply to a text and I received it in my email acct. I started sending texts in gmail because no one could respond to yahoo.

Thanks janusz
Old 4 Jan 2022, 06:29 AM   #4
AccessShell

Yahoo just sent me an email. They think, because of the senders address (01234567890@txt.att.net) it is SPAM. Of course, I know better. So, maybe yahoo will later stop it as they did a couple of years ago.