EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 25 Aug 2015, 08:39 PM   #1
mgg

Calendar Syncing issues

Hi all,

Trying to diagnose a hairy calendar syncing issue between Fastmail and Google account, and some info would help.

I am finding that some events, when deleted from the Google Calendar, persist on the Fastmail calendar. I wait for a sync to occur, and I see that new ones that have been added since will spontaneously appear on the FM calendar, and if I've deleted or added events to the FM calendar they will sync to google.

To help diagnose, it would be useful to know:

1. how often does the FM calendar sync to Google, and can I force it? (the help page says "periodically")
2. should all additions and deletions happen simultaneously during a sync, or are these dealt with differently for some reason?

Specifically, I have an event invitation that I've added to the FM calendar using the button in the email, and it only sometimes syncs to Google. When it does, if I delete it from Google, it only sometimes disappears from FM.... it's odd, because other events that I create myself seem to work OK (hard to know for sure because of the uncertain delay in the FM calendar sync.)

Thanks for any info.
mgg is offline   Reply With Quote