EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 2 May 2022, 08:36 AM   #1
camner
Cornerstone of the Community

FM Global Address Book?

I use Fastmail Contacts as my address book. I subscribe to that address book on various iDevices (2 iPads, 2 iPhones), 2 Macs, and a PC (through the CalDavSynchronizer plugin for Outlook).

For the most part, this works just fine.

BUT, from time to time, I notice that new contacts I create on an iDevice go into a Global Address Book instead of the Default address book, and I can't figure out why. I can't even see anything called a Global Address Book in the FM interface, but using BusyContacts on a Mac I can see that there are two address books associated with the FM CardDav server, "Default," and "Global Address Book"

Can anyone shed any light on what might be going on?
camner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 2 May 2022, 04:04 PM   #2
pjroutledge

I've always assumed that the Global Address Book was the shared address book that is available with my Family account.

The default is my personal Address Book.

But I stopped using the shared book some years ago and while I know it still exists I can't say for sure if that is what you're seeing.

And I'm not sure whether it is only present with Family and business accounts, or all accounts (although it doesn't seem to make sense with individual accounts).

Probably better explained by Fastmail here.
pjroutledge is offline   Reply With Quote