EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 23 Jun 2017, 09:17 PM   #376
Gsptlsnz

Last edited by Gsptlsnz : 24 Jun 2017 at 05:10 AM.
Gsptlsnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2017, 10:13 PM   #377
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vuW6tQ0218

This parrot is no more. It has ceased to be. It's expired and gone to meet its maker. This is a late parrot. It's a stiff. Bereft of life, it rests in peace. If you hadn't nailed it to the perch, it would be pushing up the daisies. It's rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. This is an ex-parrot.

Accept it's fate, and move on.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2017, 02:40 AM   #378
beefjerky9

For the record, I did have the member plan and upgraded to a higher plan with a recurring charge due to my needs. However, I still think this is a lousy move by Fastmail. As was shown in this thread, it was clearly advertised as a lifetime plan. For them to renege on that makes me question how trustworthy they are as a company. It might be time for me to consider taking my business elsewhere...
beefjerky9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2017, 03:12 AM   #379
Gsptlsnz

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefjerky9 View Post
For them to renege on that makes me question how trustworthy they are as a company.

It might be time for me to consider taking my business elsewhere...
Better be soon...
Old 24 Jun 2017, 03:40 AM   #380
SideshowBob
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsptlsnz View Post
Only 1 more week and it will all be over. So either pay up or move to another company.
Member and guest accounts continue until the end ofJuly.
SideshowBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2017, 04:20 AM   #381
Gsptlsnz

Last edited by Gsptlsnz : 24 Jun 2017 at 05:10 AM.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 04:42 AM   #382
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Those are unrelated topics.
  • The Classic interface is going away one week from today. Those who used it can simply move to the normal interface.
  • This thread is about Guest and Member subscriptions, which are being discontinued at the end of July.
    • Those with Member accounts can upgrade to a Basic account for one year at no cost. They can also get a longer subscription at half the normal price.
    • Those with Guest accounts can upgrade to a Basic account at half price. That works out to US $0.04 per day, which is the amount of sales tax I pay on a 50 cent purchase each day, or 1/13 the price of my electronic local newspaper subscription.
Bill
n5bb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2017, 05:08 AM   #383
Gsptlsnz

You're right! My post was related to another thread that I accidentally mixed up with this one.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 02:36 PM   #384
samhu

Clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
Those are unrelated topics.
  • The Classic interface is going away one week from today. Those who used it can simply move to the normal interface.
  • This thread is about Guest and Member subscriptions, which are being discontinued at the end of July.
    • Those with Member accounts can upgrade to a Basic account for one year at no cost. They can also get a longer subscription at half the normal price.
    • Those with Guest accounts can upgrade to a Basic account at half price. That works out to US $0.04 per day, which is the amount of sales tax I pay on a 50 cent purchase each day, or 1/13 the price of my electronic local newspaper subscription.
Bill

"Those with (ONE-TIME PAYMENT "LIFETIME") Member accounts can upgrade(???) to (AN ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION) Basic account for one year at no cost. They can also get a longer subscription at half the normal price."

Last edited by samhu : 24 Jun 2017 at 06:01 PM.
samhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2017, 10:19 PM   #385
Adrian Bell
Cornerstone of the Community

Those with guest accounts, such as myself have no cause to complain. I'm no legal expert but I do think that these with member accounts have a legal case for the product sold not being as advertised though. They could consider some kind of class action maybe?
Adrian Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2017, 10:34 PM   #386
Pfolson
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Bell View Post
Those with guest accounts, such as myself have no cause to complain. I'm no legal expert but I do think that these with member accounts have a legal case for the product sold not being as advertised though. They could consider some kind of class action maybe?
Except all of these users have agreed to terms of service that clearly state:

Quote:
The Service Provider may terminate your access to any part or all of the Service and any related service(s) at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately, for any reason whatsoever, with or without providing any refund of any payments.
In this thread and others, some posters have argued that they are not covered by those terms of service, since they weren't in effect at the time they signed up for their lifetime accounts many years ago. What they're missing is the fact that users of the service are always governed by the most current terms, and it's their responsibility to know what those terms are and to abide by them. Which is also clearly stated:

Quote:
The Service Provider reserves the right to change the TOS or policies regarding the use of the Service at any time and to notify you by posting an updated version of the TOS on this web site. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the TOS. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
Pfolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2017, 11:21 PM   #387
Bamb0
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb
Unless it wont work on your browser!

Seems like it will only work on the newest browsers which will allow them to spy on people even more!! (Im sorry but thats exactly how I am feeling with all this...... Forcing people off older stuff and forcing them to newer stuff that spies on them)
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2017, 11:50 PM   #388
joe_devore
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamb0 View Post

Seems like it will only work on the newest browsers which will allow them to spy on people even more!! (Im sorry but thats exactly how I am feeling with all this...... Forcing people off older stuff and forcing them to newer stuff that spies on them)
hmm.. yeah! good grief... HEAR HEAR!
joe_devore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2017, 12:26 AM   #389
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamb0 View Post

I am sure you are sincere in believing that but, in reality, security and privacy considerations are precisely the main reason why you should not be using these older browsers. They are riddled with bugs and design errors that make them easy to penetrate. (A secondary reason is that modern browsers give far better performance.)

I am not saying modern browsers are completely immune to such issues but, especially if you use the incognito browsing features, they are much, much safer.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2017, 02:27 PM   #390
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_devore View Post
hmm.. yeah! good grief... HEAR HEAR!
You and Bamb0 need to get together and discuss black helicopters and foil hats, because I think you're on to something!
sflorack is offline   Reply With Quote