EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > About this site...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

About this site... Do you have any thoughts, suggestions or comments about this site? Post them here...

Old 5 Oct 2023, 03:12 AM   #1
Avion

How to check AI content spammers in the forum

This is text taken from a recent post here on the forum:

Quote:
Social media platforms, such as Instagram, can be a great way to connect with people globally. They offer a diverse range of content, from sharing personal moments to following your interests. Instagram can serve as a source of information, entertainment, and connection, which is particularly valuable when other online services are restricted.
Copy the text, go to this website:

https://writer.com/ai-content-detector/

And paste in the text.
Avion is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 5 Oct 2023, 05:02 AM   #2
Bamb0
Master of the @

Ya i have seen many saying thier posts are copied to other sites..... I think most of it is AUTOMATED BOTS spreading these posts,not an actual person......
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Oct 2023, 10:13 PM   #3
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

I did what the OP suggested and got no result whatsoever. The "detection score" field remains blank.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Oct 2023, 12:17 AM   #4
Avion

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
I did what the OP suggested and got no result whatsoever. The "detection score" field remains blank.
I just tried again, Chromium browser on Windows 11:

https://ibb.co/HY8hRNz

And again with your text:

https://ibb.co/9rhy0fr

You're mostly human!

Last edited by Avion : 6 Oct 2023 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Changed links to images
Avion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Oct 2023, 01:52 AM   #5
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avion View Post
You're mostly human!
Glad to hear it
OTOH, it seems that even certain famous personage from the 16th/17th century also used some AI, admittedly to a very small degree
https://postimg.cc/Yhd4tsnJ
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Oct 2023, 04:49 AM   #6
somdcomputerguy
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avion View Post
I just tried again, Chromium browser on Windows 11
I use Windows 10. My primary browser is Pale Moon, http://www.palemoon.org/, and my two secondary browsers are Vivaldi, https://vivaldi.com/, and Mercury, https://thorium.rocks/mercury (sorry for the background audio, I hate it.), and that AI detector page yields nothing in all three. In the end, I might be a robot..
somdcomputerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Oct 2023, 05:00 AM   #7
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

I asked ChatGPT 3.5 to do this:
Quote:
Please write a short essay (about 1000 characters) on any subject that would be as close to human generated text and as far as possible from AI generated text. Afterwards please reflect on your experience doing this.
Here is the essay it generated:
Quote:
Title: The Joy of Outdoor Exploration
As the morning sun gently kisses the dew-covered grass, I can't help but feel a deep sense of connection to the natural world around me. There's something profoundly liberating about stepping outside, away from the hustle and bustle of daily life, and immersing oneself in the beauty of the great outdoors.
Nature, with its serene landscapes and vibrant colors, has a way of calming the soul and rejuvenating the spirit. The rustling of leaves in the breeze, the melodious chirping of birds, and the rhythmic gurgle of a nearby stream create a symphony of sounds that soothes and uplifts. Every step I take along a forest trail or through a meadow is a step closer to tranquility.
Outdoor exploration is not just a physical endeavor; it's a journey of the senses. The scent of pine trees, the earthy aroma of damp soil, and the sweet fragrance of wildflowers engage my olfactory senses in a dance of delight. The touch of rough bark beneath my fingertips or the softness of moss-covered rocks beneath my palms connects me to the tactile wonders of the natural world.
In the wild, every moment is a visual feast. The intricate patterns of a spider's web glistening with morning dew, the vibrant hues of a butterfly's wings, and the majesty of a mountain peak against the backdrop of a clear blue sky are all reminders of the breathtaking artistry of nature. Each scene is a masterpiece waiting to be discovered.
But perhaps what makes outdoor exploration truly special is the sense of freedom it imparts. In nature, there are no schedules, no deadlines, and no expectations. Time slows down, and I find myself living in the present moment. I am free to wander, to ponder, and to simply be.
And here is ChatGPT's reflexion on its experience writing the essay:
Quote:
As I reflect on my experience of writing this essay, I am struck by the contrast between the text I've produced and the typical output of AI-generated content. This essay is infused with a genuine sense of wonder and appreciation for the beauty of nature, and it reflects the personal experiences and emotions of a human writer.
Writing in a way that feels human, rather than generated by artificial intelligence, allows for a deeper connection with the reader. It engages on a more emotional level, inviting the reader to share in the writer's passion and perspective. While AI-generated text can be impressive in its accuracy and efficiency, it often lacks the personal touch and emotional depth that make human-generated content so compelling.
In conclusion, the joy of outdoor exploration is a profoundly human experience that can inspire us to connect with the natural world and appreciate its wonders. Writing about such experiences in a genuinely human way allows us to convey the depth of our emotions and the richness of our experiences, creating a connection with readers that goes beyond the capabilities of AI-generated text.
Now the essay turned out to be 1728 character long Including the titke but not the word "title"), so I pasted it without the last paragraph into the "AI detector" from the OP, and the result was: 100% human-generated content, Fantastic!
Then I pasted ChatGPT's reflection on it's experience, and the result was: 91% human-generated content, Looking great!

So it seems, Janusz, that you need to work on your human style...
Perhaps some AI can assist...
hadaso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Oct 2023, 10:27 AM   #8
bermudi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadaso View Post
Perhaps some AI can assist...
historians are going to call this the "irony age"
bermudi is offline   Reply With Quote