EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 21 May 2007, 08:08 PM   #1
adrian44

Lightbulb Forwarding an alias to non-runbox address?

Can we get an option in the near future to forward specific runbox aliases to another non runbox address?

This could be very useful when I travel without my laptop and need to check email sent to certain runbox aliases I give to business partners, but without risking accessing runbox from a public computer. In that case, before I travel I'd setup alias xxxxx@runbox.com to be forwarded to xxxxx@hotmail.com then check hotmail on the run with my runbox password safe and sound.

Please give it a serious thought
adrian44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 21 May 2007, 10:50 PM   #2
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
You can now if you create a Filter to do the forwarding. The alias will appear in one of the "Received:" lines of the header of the message.

Create a filter to test the Header to see if it contains the following text:

for youralias@runbox.com;

that's a space after the "for" and a semicolon at the end.

Regards,
Rich
carverrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2007, 01:01 AM   #3
adrian44

Thumbs up

Top Stuff. Runbox keeps exceeding my expectations
adrian44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2007, 06:09 AM   #4
ALG

E-mail Forwarding

Rich,

Is there a way to forward all of your stored mail to another mail server?
What I am asking I have been using IMAP for sevral years and have 8g of mail on Runbox server. I have just installed an Exchange server in my home asnd need to find away to move all of that mail.

What do you recommend?

AL
ALG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2007, 06:37 AM   #5
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
No, there is no easy way to resend all email in your current account.

You can setup a filter to forward all incoming mail to another address but that doesn't help with the mail already stored in your account.

Probably your easiest option is to use an email client and copy messages from your Runbox account to your Exchange server using IMAP. There's also a freeware Windows utility called IMAPSize that can do this and I've read good things about it.

Unfortunately 8 Gig may take a while to copy from your Runbox account and you'd hit your weekly bandwidth limit of 2.5Gig several times before you were done.

Maybe downloading to your PC via POP3 first would be quicker than using IMAP. Runbox does give you the ability to POP3 download from folders other than just the Inbox (see POP From Folder).

I've never compared so I can't say for sure which would be quicker for that many messages.

Regards,
Rich
carverrn is offline   Reply With Quote