EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 5 Aug 2006, 06:44 PM   #1
bfourney

Just tried the file storage and...

This looks very promising. I currently have the lifetime user membership, and use .mac for all my file/image hosting.

I really like the fact that it uses WebDAV so I can upload via mac or PC, and that it automatically generates links for different size images if you upload photos.

The auto photo sizing is a godsend for posting to forums, etc. and could really swing me to pay for membership for the extra space I'd certainly need.

I'd really like a way to either see all the links for the photos on one page, and to be able to scroll to the next/previous photo within the same size range if you click on one of the sizes at the bottom. IE click 800x600 and you can still have links to the next/previous photo rather than having to backtrack.

Having all the links on the page next to the photos would really make posting alot easier. I really like the way photobucket does it, but they don't do different sizes.

.Mac is also starting to **** me off. Some of these basic features aren't available even with the higher rates they charge, and I'm starting to get TONS of spam (way more than my fastmail account). They also offer no bonus whatsoever for renewing your membership. The bandwith and storage limits are very high though.
bfourney is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 27 Aug 2006, 08:41 AM   #2
PaulRenegar

Re: Just tried the file storage and...

Quote:
Originally posted by bfourney
.Mac is also starting to **** me off. Some of these basic features aren't available even with the higher rates they charge, and I'm starting to get TONS of spam (way more than my fastmail account). They also offer no bonus whatsoever for renewing your membership. The bandwith and storage limits are very high though.
Agreed. My .Mac account expires at the end of the month, and I signed up with FastMail so that I would not have to deal with the aging and need-to-be-updated .Mac service.

I with that eventually they would become a free service to all Mac owners, but unfortunately I believe Apple's online services bring them in some $500M in profits every year.

The only thing that I will miss is my automatic Address Book Sync as well as my backed up Bookmarks and Mail profiles.
PaulRenegar is offline   Reply With Quote