EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12 Jan 2018, 02:20 AM   #1
CWM030
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 6
POBOX users

I am just wondering for anyone out there using POBOX.com for their email front end

Have any of ya'll turned off the feature under SERVICES> CLICK ADD ON TRUSTED SENDERS BUTTON> Trust correspondents to OFF?

I dont understand the point in adding people to my safe senders list when I may email them only once in this life time and never again....

Why permanently add them to the list of safe senders? I mean I don't mind approving them / releasing them from the spam folder to be delivered to my inbox if they were to ever email me again. Like if I was to have my spam control on TRUSTED ONLY. Which, by the way I don't have it on trusted only , I still have it on standard spam control.

I almost thought about clearing my whole safe list and starting over but at the top of the screen POBOX.COM says they don't recommend it. I believe as of right now since I started with pobox back in NOV I have 52 trusted contacts....

do you just leave it like it is and let it add those one time contacts to your safe list? Or what is your technique / how do you run your account?

Thanks,
Chris
Chris@CWM030.com
CWM030 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12 Jan 2018, 07:47 AM   #2
TenFour
Essential Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 267
I've been using POBox.com for close to a year with no issues with my Trusted Senders list, which is now more than 150. You could go in and manually delete ones you don't want on there. One reason I have not had a problem is that I forward my emails to Gmail so between the two sets of filters my mail is pretty well scanned. Frankly, most filtering is too tight these days and I find that I have to frequently check my spam folders for legitimate email I want to get.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2018, 12:23 PM   #3
CWM030
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
I've been using POBox.com for close to a year with no issues with my Trusted Senders list, which is now more than 150. You could go in and manually delete ones you don't want on there. One reason I have not had a problem is that I forward my emails to Gmail so between the two sets of filters my mail is pretty well scanned. Frankly, most filtering is too tight these days and I find that I have to frequently check my spam folders for legitimate email I want to get.

If you forward away from POBOX, you should be able to put POBOX'S spam filtering on weak so nothing really gets caught in their filters.

And instead of having to constantly check it.... Change your email report to Hourly by going to

The admin page

UNDER MAIL FILTERS heading

hit the 4th button that says OPTIONS

then change:

Report Frequency: HOURLY

Send Empty reports: NO


And every hour ( IF ) something is caught you'll get an email telling you whats pending in the spam folder.

And if there's nothing in the spam folder to review, you won't get an emailed report.


Chris
Chris@CWM030.com
CWM030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2018, 06:03 AM   #4
TenFour
Essential Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 267
Using POBox Basic for forwarding, and I may get one or two notices a day about caught spam. I check the list online maybe once or twice a week and take care of it. Most of it is legitimate spam, but some is not. For me with my email volume it is not much of a problem and I appreciate having the double layer of spam filtering. Strangely, just today, a classic phishing email came straight on through both POBox and Gmail. They had a check for $10 million that needed cashing. I really don't understand how these emails could possibly trick anyone into clicking a link since the stories are so outrageous.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2018, 07:40 AM   #5
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWM030 View Post
I am just wondering for anyone out there using POBOX.com for their email front end

Have any of ya'll turned off the feature under SERVICES> CLICK ADD ON TRUSTED SENDERS BUTTON> Trust correspondents to OFF?

I dont understand the point in adding people to my safe senders list when I may email them only once in this life time and never again....

Why permanently add them to the list of safe senders? I mean I don't mind approving them / releasing them from the spam folder to be delivered to my inbox if they were to ever email me again. Like if I was to have my spam control on TRUSTED ONLY. Which, by the way I don't have it on trusted only , I still have it on standard spam control.

I almost thought about clearing my whole safe list and starting over but at the top of the screen POBOX.COM says they don't recommend it. I believe as of right now since I started with pobox back in NOV I have 52 trusted contacts....

do you just leave it like it is and let it add those one time contacts to your safe list? Or what is your technique / how do you run your account?

Thanks,
Chris
Chris@CWM030.com
I have Trusted Senders on. They are automatically added when a mail is sent and by releasing spam when a mail is wrongly classified as spam (occasionally). I can not think of a reason to delete the list. On the contrary, it is a handy list of addresses (137) that I have emailed over the years.

BTW, you'd better delete your email address here to prevent harvesting.

Last edited by Berenburger : 13 Jan 2018 at 04:43 PM.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2018, 01:19 PM   #6
CWM030
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berenburger View Post
I have Trusted Senders on. They are automatically added when a mail is sent and by releasing spam when a mail is wrongly classified as spam (occasionally). I can not think of a reason to delete the list. On the contrary, it is a handy list of addresses (137) that I have emailed over the years.

BTW, you'd better can delete your email address here to prevent harvesting.
" Hallo Beren" Lol thats about all the Dutch I know. That and Doei!

Call me weird, but I'm actually not afraid of being harvested. Pobox has some darn good spam controls , also I have alot of faith in them too! And also I have quite a list going of trusted people ( 52 so far since I started with POBOX in Nov of last year)

Chris
Chris@CWM030.com
CWM030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 11:47 PM.

 

Copyright EmailDiscussions.com 1998-2013. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy