EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 12 Apr 2018, 04:33 AM   #1
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Runbox - Our path to GDPR compliance

From the Runbox Blog:

https://blog.runbox.com/2018/04/our-...personal-data/
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12 Apr 2018, 05:34 AM   #2
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Déjà vu all over again....

Thanks for bringing back memories of 1999

The millennium bug was all the rage then, and the institution I worked for at the time also initiated a project, developed a planning document which included detailed plans, laid out a number of activities divided into N sub-project, stated this would be a continuous effort and the sub-projects would give rise to additional activities. And so on, and so forth....

Oh well, all these projects, sub-projects & additional activities kept quite a few folks off the dole....
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2018, 07:27 PM   #3
nerderello

GDPR and Norwegian data protection

does anybody know if the adoption of the EU GDPR has changed the state of data protection/privacy in Runbox, compared to what we have prior to it (ie. Norwegian law).

In other words, is it better, worse, or just the same?

thanks
Nerderello
nerderello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2018, 09:20 PM   #4
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

If you are a RB customer, you have received/will receive a message with Subject: [Important] GDPR and Updates to our Terms and Policies

It contains, among other things, this link which, hopefully, will answer your questions.
Old 26 Apr 2018, 09:56 PM   #5
nerderello

Janusz,
thanks for the reply.

Yes, I am a RB customer and had received that email.

Having waded thru the various links (at least the ones in English) I'm still trying to decide if, by implementing GDPR, Runbox have made our privacy/data protection better/worse/the same.
Have they, for instance, gone thru the GDPR and decided that they (thanks to Norwegian law) already do more (are better) in certain areas, and left the better policy/processes in such areas.

regards
Nerderello
Old 26 Apr 2018, 10:02 PM   #6
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

The last paragraph of that mail says
Quote:
It's important to us that you are informed about your rights and your options with regards to your privacy. We ask that you review the revised terms and policies by May 25, 2018 when they take effect, and invite you to contact us with any questions or concerns.
If the change is really so important to you, ask RB directly. I'm not sure there are many experts in European and Norwegian privacy law here, and I'm certainly not one of them
Old 26 Apr 2018, 11:40 PM   #7
nerderello

Janusz,
thanks again.

I'll do as you suggest and drop RB a line.

If I find out anything that may be of interest to others, I'll post it here.

thanks again
Nerderello
Old 27 Apr 2018, 06:41 AM   #8
TenFour
Master of the @

Quote:
If the change is really so important to you, ask RB directly. I'm not sure there are many experts in European and Norwegian privacy law here, and I'm certainly not one of them
The problem is that very few people are "experts" in any privacy law and shouldn't have to be in order to protect our personal privacy. Not blaming Runbox, but it is very rare indeed that any software privacy or security explanation is written in plain, clear language that can be properly understood by the average user.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2018, 06:13 PM   #9
nerderello

RB response

I contacted Runbox and Kim replied that:
Quote:
GDPR is only a minimum standard and it does not affect our abillity or intention to improve on it. What it does do is to formalise a framework for us to work on privacy and security and that is a win for our customers and it also makes it easier to make some things a priority over other investments we want to do.
So, for me, that is a satisfactory answer to my query.

regards
Nerderello