EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 1 Apr 2015, 01:50 AM   #1
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Eumx?

I am happy with my EUMX mail when using the OWM interface. The squirrel mail interface doesn't work at all well. Sometime I can't log in and when I can log in it often is very very slow. I like squirrel interface and would use it a lot if it worked properly. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
sheprd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 1 Apr 2015, 03:04 AM   #2
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

I use OWM virtually exclusively. Mostly because I'm used to it,

There also are RoundCube and Horde. I played with Horde some time ago, and decided it wasn't worth changing my habits. I had no problems with Horde though.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Apr 2015, 04:53 AM   #3
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
I think I had Horde back in 2007 or 2008 when I had a free EUMX account (as given for the users of the forum) which I lost due to not being able to log in again (despite being sure to have used the right password)

I wonder if the choice of interface could have had something to do with it? Maybe a bug with 1 interface while the others would/could have worked fine?

In anyways, it seems that ever since EUMX has been rock solid. I'd be curious to use them again, given the overwhelming number of positive comments about them, but it's been 7 years and I can't remember my exact username I had
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Apr 2015, 06:58 AM   #4
randian
Cornerstone of the Community

I like Horde 5 because it's integrated with Exchange Activesync and OWM is not.
randian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Apr 2015, 07:02 AM   #5
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thanks guys foe your responses. I appreciate them
sheprd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Apr 2015, 07:55 AM   #6
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
I use OWM virtually exclusively. Mostly because I'm used to it,

There also are RoundCube and Horde. I played with Horde some time ago, and decided it wasn't worth changing my habits. I had no problems with Horde though.
I prefer OWM and then especially the latest beta version (v3.00b4).
You've forgotten to mention another client: GroupOffice.
And last but not least: EuMX is currently working on setting up a whole new platform.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Apr 2015, 08:28 AM   #7
randian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berenburger View Post
And last but not least: EuMX is currently working on setting up a whole new platform.
Meaning what, exactly?
Old 8 Apr 2015, 07:22 PM   #8
soromak

Quote:
Originally Posted by randian View Post
Meaning what, exactly?
It is a bit delayed in development but in brief, a new platform based on Afterlogic Webmail Professional, ISPConfig control panel with mail and DNS hosting and own implementation of 2FA based on SSL certificate and few other things.
soromak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Apr 2015, 08:09 PM   #9
B4its2L8
Master of the @

Excellent!

What about the present interfaces? Will any/all of them be retired when the new platform is introduced?

(Perhaps fabule should make a brief appearance here, now that the subject has been broached, and summarize the 'what' and 'when' of it all. )
B4its2L8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Apr 2015, 08:33 PM   #10
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by soromak View Post
It is a bit delayed in development but in brief, a new platform based on Afterlogic Webmail Professional, ISPConfig control panel with mail and DNS hosting and own implementation of 2FA based on SSL certificate and few other things.
Yes, that's what I meant. Have one of my own domains in test on this platform. I'm very enthusiastic.

Last edited by Berenburger : 9 Apr 2015 at 01:31 AM. Reason: typos
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Apr 2015, 09:59 PM   #11
randian

Quote:
Sounds interesting. The DNS hosting bit is new, I hope they take some pointers from Fastmail on the subject. A superior anti spam solution would be good too.
Old 8 Apr 2015, 10:08 PM   #12
soromak

Quote:
Sounds interesting. The DNS hosting bit is new, I hope they take some pointers from Fastmail on the subject. A superior anti spam solution would be good too.
Setting up all records in DNS works like a charm including DMARC, MX servers are hosted in 3 different data centres, too. Regarding anti-spam solution, my mailbox is clean with the current solution at a standard EuMX infrastructure, so I do not think it will be worse.
Old 8 Apr 2015, 10:17 PM   #13
randian

Quote:
Setting up all records in DNS works like a charm including DMARC, MX servers are hosted in 3 different data centres, too. Regarding anti-spam solution, my mailbox is clean with the current solution at a standard EuMX infrastructure, so I do not think it will be worse.
One thing I noticed is that Afterlogic Webmail doesn't seem to support Exchange Activesync. EUMX's current Horde 5 solution does. No keyboard shortcuts either, which is annoying.
Old 8 Apr 2015, 10:30 PM   #14
soromak

Quote:
One thing I noticed is that Afterlogic Webmail doesn't seem to support Exchange Activesync. EUMX's current Horde 5 solution does. No keyboard shortcuts either, which is annoying.
AL webmail does support CalDAV and CardDAV..but since we have no idea if other interfaces will be retired, maybe they are going to keep Horde alive? Or if they offer that platform next to current version?
I guess it should not be a problem to keep Horde since it supports modern way of storing e-mail as it acts as IMAP client. I do not believe OWM (since it only works with an old mbox format) will be ported to new platform, though.
Also I have just read that AfterLogic has both iOS and Android apps versions in the work.
Old 9 Apr 2015, 12:47 AM   #15
B4its2L8
Master of the @

Quote:
I do not believe OWM (since it only works with an old mbox format) will be ported to new platform, though.
SquirrelMail will probably be retired, too.
B4its2L8 is offline   Reply With Quote