EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 13 Apr 2024, 05:56 PM   #76
TheJapanese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartz View Post
On the renewal page, first select "Change Length of subscription" and move it to 2 years. Then do the same thing after renewal to 3 years.

In both scenarios, they refund the balance and then put your account on the new term. Regardless, fastmail is great value.
What do you mean exactly? Can we already change to the new Duo and Family plans?
TheJapanese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2024, 06:16 AM   #77
pjroutledge

Fastmail's blog post on 9 April says

"Information for existing customers

We’re thrilled by your excitement about these new plans! We’ve updated storage for all existing Basic and Standard users today at no extra cost."

I'm assuming that means mail storage has been increased to 50 GB, but mine hasn't.

Have other Fastmail users here been updated yet?
pjroutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2024, 06:28 AM   #78
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjroutledge View Post
Fastmail's [url="https://www.fastmail.com/blog/new-family-plans-and-pricing/"]blog post on 9 April[/URL
I'm assuming that means mail storage has been increased to 50 GB, but mine hasn't.
Have other Fastmail users here been updated yet?
Yes, Mine is 50 GB. I’m on ‘standard’.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2024, 10:41 AM   #79
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

I see "using ... of 30GB" on the left bottom of the mail screen.
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2024, 12:17 PM   #80
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

I have 0.60%

I have deleted a lot of my stuff and cancelled my own domain a couple of weeks ago.

Not sure what to do I hate the stupid folder thing stuck on top of my in-box.

Sometimes I use Thunderbird, but the alias side is a bit complicated.

I have a really lovely outlook domain but again the alias's side lets it down.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2024, 04:08 PM   #81
nudge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJapanese View Post
What do you mean exactly? Can we already change to the new Duo and Family plans?
I've been told that it will be possible to change to Duo or Family plans in the future. I don't think it will be too long a wait. Think they are still getting ready or testing or something like that IMO.

If you have a fairly simple setup and not too much left of your current deal, you can start a new Duo or Family account and manually transfer over your mail, contacts, calenders, files etc. That can be a lot of work in some cases but it also gives you a chance to clean things up and review what you've got. I believe support can transfer accounts over too but when I tried this ages ago it didn't work out quite as I hoped, but my memory is vague as to why exactly. So I think it's good to do it yourself if you can.

For those stuck on 30GB on Standard I guess you must be on some very old plan or something like that. Or there's an issue, in any case I recommend contacting support to find out why. Everywhere I can see, it's all 50GB now, including accounts that have been around quite a long time, although I've no longer access to any "legacy" accounts.
nudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2024, 06:51 PM   #82
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadaso View Post
I see "using ... of 30GB" on the left bottom of the mail screen.
https://user.fm/files/v2-308395470ec...04b6/50GB.jpeg
Old 14 Apr 2024, 08:40 PM   #83
pjroutledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by nudge View Post
For those stuck on 30GB on Standard I guess you must be on some very old plan or something like that.
Nope, I have 'Standard x 2 users' according to the Billing and Plan settings page.

Berenburger, your picture indicates you're accessing the beta service. I usually use the normal service, so I logged on to beta to check, and I still only have 30 GB on beta too.

It's not a problem, I'm only using about 8% at the moment. Just intrigued by the inconsistencies between users and between the blog and my experience. Fastmail seems to have some good programmers so I had expected the experience to match the blog. It's been 5 days now (?) since the blog post, so it seems strange, especially seeing that some existing users do have the 50 GB storage already.

Last edited by pjroutledge : 14 Apr 2024 at 08:40 PM. Reason: typo
pjroutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2024, 09:56 PM   #84
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

I have "Mix and Match" with 3xStandard, 1xBasic and 1xMaster (which I probably would have to get rid of, but if I can move all 5 accounts to one Family with up to 6 users then it would be easier to leave things as is.
Actually none of my users use more than half their quota, and except for myself, the other Standard accounts use less than half the quota of a Basic account.
I see 30GB as my quota in both beta and production apps (the Basic account's quota is 2GB).
Old 14 Apr 2024, 11:11 PM   #85
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadaso View Post
I see 30GB as my quota in both beta and production apps (the Basic account's quota is 2GB).
The basic account went officially to 5 GB.
Old 15 Apr 2024, 12:09 PM   #86
Dane

New Storage

My Standard plan now shows 50 GB of storage. More than I'll ever use. but THANKS !!
Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2024, 04:47 AM   #87
TheJapanese

So still no update for existing users? So sad to see… Really have to think about saying goodbye to Fastmail?!

What’s going on with their management and CEO?! Looks like they’re only seeing the dollars coming in…
TheJapanese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2024, 05:10 PM   #88
digp
Master of the @

Patience

I have returned to using FM, nothing compares.

Yes, it could be better (e.g. drag and drop messaging).

Pop up composer (like Gmail).

Etc etc.
digp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2024, 07:21 PM   #89
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by digp View Post
Yes, it could be better (e.g. drag and drop messaging).

Pop up composer (like Gmail).
IMO nothing that involves "pop up" can be "better" (Fastmail Compose window can be opened in a new tab).

And what is "drag and drop messaging"? (I can drag messages in Fastmail to folders).
Old 26 Apr 2024, 04:47 AM   #90
qwertz123456
Essential Contributor

When I first heard about the price increases a few weeks ago, I went straight to lock in my 3-year @ $3.19/month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
If you wait until Sept you can then renew for 3 years, its because they are working on a 3 year subscription.
Not sure I understand this:
Code:
Mine says, "Next renews Apr 2027 for $115.
So, if I wait until April 2025 I can renew again?

Regardless of this, I took a look at Mailfence and Tutamail. While playing around with both, I realized how cheap FM is even with their new price increase when you factor in their features and almost unlimited domains you get without being charged for them. It was kind of a a-ha moment. Not that I was planing on leaving. Just saying...

And sure, that depends on ones use-case and preferences too.
qwertz123456 is offline   Reply With Quote