EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 3 Nov 2014, 04:18 AM   #1
easemail

calendar reminder broken with all day events?

Calendar reminders work for me perfectly when they are timed events. When I do calendar reminders for "all day" events they are not working correctly. Is anybody else getting these to work ok?

More detail: When I put the reminder in an all day event and schedule it for a specific time (say 1 day before at 5pm) I do not get a reminder sent at that time, if at all. Sometimes the reminder happens, but not at that time, and I've had it not send a reminder at all as well. This has been a problem since the calendar was officially launched. Again, if it's a timed event I can set the reminder for whatever I want and it works perfectly.
easemail is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 3 Nov 2014, 07:12 AM   #2
robn
Master of the @

Representative of:
Fastmail.fm
All day events are currently sent at 00:00 UTC, rather than the user's timezone. This is a known issue that is being worked on.
robn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Nov 2014, 07:53 AM   #3
easemail

Thank you for the response... Glad to know it's a known issue.
easemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Nov 2014, 11:20 PM   #4
B4its2L8
Master of the @

+1

I just started trying the FM calendar in earnest and, since all of my events are considered all day events (including some 'test' events), I was concerned when I was not getting notified. Glad to know it's being worked on.
B4its2L8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jan 2015, 11:06 AM   #5
jkodeski

Has this been resolved? I can't get reminders to work for full-day events. I don't get them at all, not even at 0.00 UTC.

I'm kind of a goldfish and rely on reminders for a lot of stuff... would be very useful.
jkodeski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jan 2015, 12:20 PM   #6
robn
Master of the @

Representative of:
Fastmail.fm
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkodeski View Post
Has this been resolved? I can't get reminders to work for full-day events. I don't get them at all, not even at 0.00 UTC.
Open a support ticket. Not working at all is quite different from working at the wrong time.
robn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jan 2015, 12:45 PM   #7
jkodeski

Quote:
Originally Posted by robn View Post
Open a support ticket. Not working at all is quite different from working at the wrong time.
Thanks, I did 5 days ago - it was acknowledged but no answer/solution yet.
jkodeski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Feb 2015, 11:36 AM   #8
skadoo323

Any reason why reminders are sent according to UTC time rather than the time zone set in the web UI?
skadoo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Sep 2017, 11:24 PM   #9
Eddie1953

It seems that it is not just reminders that are set at 0:00 UTC but all day events, at least when using a caldav client. I'm very frustrated.

I have an android phone and find the FM android app to be slow to use. So, I've followed the instructions set by fastmail and installed caldav sync on my android. When I schedule events at a specific time, everything works well.

However, when i create an all day event on my android and then sync it back to the fastmail server, it gets recorded on the previous day at 0:00 UTC. For example, if on my android, I create an all day event called "TEST" for December 8, 2017 and then sync to the fastmail calendar sever.....if i go online to the fastmail website and choose the calendar view, I do not see the all day event "TEST" on December 8.....instead, I see it as an all day event December 7!!!

Fastmail, please fix this!!!
Eddie1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Sep 2017, 02:34 AM   #10
jdmyers

Toggle Timezone Setting

I just contacted support about getting email alerts for all day events at the UT time and not my timezone time. It seems to have been fixed, but for whatever reason was not getting picked up. As a solution, they essentially had to toggle my timezone setting from US/Eastern to UT and then back to US/Eastern. I created a new all day event and the email alert came in at the correct time. I'm still waiting to see if it's fixed for already created events, but for new it seems to have done the job. My 2 cents.
jdmyers is offline   Reply With Quote