EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 17 Dec 2002, 11:06 AM   #121
netweasel

FastMail Testimonials

Dear Neerav,

I agree that there should be a "testimonials" section.

But it is difficult to separate favorable postings from others and put them all into one specific place. I suspect that virtually every message posted has something good to say about FastMail, so how do the operators of the service segregate favorable comments?

I think it is enough that potential new users may examine the things we established users say to each other here.

When I first considered using FastMail, I read reviews available from a Google search concerning the service; then I logged onto FastMail as a POTENTIAL new user, and read the comments that people like you made about the service. I was convinced, so I started a trial membership. A month later, I abandoned the FREE service, and actually spent money to obtain better service. I am now on the cusp of upgrading again, becoming a monthly subscriber and "payer." The only problem is that I don't NEED more service than I already have, so paying monthly isn't appropriate for me. But I want to pay monthly, simply because the service is so good that I feel guilty not paying for it. Oh, I know, I paid that "one off" fee, so I have put something into the kitty, but given the level of service I find here on FastMail, that "one-off" fee isn't enough for what I'm receiving. So I feel an urge to upgrade, even if I don't need the upgrade, because I want to pay my way wherever I go. This service is worth good money to me, and I am not comfortable with using it and not continuously paying.

The operators of this service, of course, will disagree. They have organized their service in such a way that the FREE services, even those that require a "one-off" payment, are more than sufficient for those of us of limited means. I personally feel that I am not paying enough.

I recommend FastMail everywhere I go. FastMail needs no advertising -- it is legendary. It needs no special, "testimonials section" to tell those who don't use it what it is all about.

Thanks for reaffirming my faith in the service.

Bye for now,
Rick
netweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2002, 11:11 AM   #122
netweasel

FastMail Testimonials

Dear Spiderman:

Even your mother-in-law uses it --

But is that good or bad?

lol, Rick
netweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2002, 08:35 PM   #123
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

Smile I'm in love with FastMail and my wife is jealous!

I'm in love with FastMail and my wife is jealous!
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Dec 2002, 02:01 AM   #124
watchdis

fastmail rules

and it just gets cooler

i tried the free service and then upgraded to enhanced simply to show my gratitude. i agree with netweasel, it just feels like you should be paying more.

i have to access the net from poor connections in poor countries. a service which actually caters for people with crappy connections is a godsend. thankyou so much guys for all your work.

this forum is great too i've only just discovered it but i'm already hooked its a fantastic resource which really demonstrates why fastmail is different to all the other email providers.

my only complaint is that you aren't really selling all the cool features of fastmail well enough. why do you have to surf the forums to find out about FastCheck? it so cool it should be on your front page.

i have no idea if i am repeating the last 9 pages of testimonials, but i just have to express my thanks. fastmail is the best email service by miles. i am reccomending it to everyone who will listen.
watchdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Jan 2003, 12:51 PM   #125
Pix_Z

Corporate client list?

I've been using FastMail for about 9 months now and I've got to say I'm very happy. I don't have to wait a couple minutes for a bunch of graphics to load and I don't have to close a bunch of pop-up windows. There's a lot of features I'm enjoying now that I never got with my previous web based e-mail vendors.

A thought for any of the founders/owners of FastMail that happen to read this message:

At first I was a little scared that FastMail might not be around for long, as it wasn't a huge, well-known company. Last October, though, I went on vacation and found that the airline that I was flying on used FastMail as their e-mail vendor. This airline is not gigantic, but is still well-known. Seeing that they used FastMail, too instantly made me feel better and more secure. I will not name this airline in case there's privacy issues, but I think that if there was a list of companies using FastMail available it would allay some people's concerns.
Pix_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Jan 2003, 05:02 AM   #126
mrbrown

Awesome!

I live in Singapore, and my Cable Broadband service does not provide email. I had a personal domain but wanted to keep that for business, so we tried Hotmail, Yahoo and nothing worked quite right.

I signed on as a Guest member for my wife and myself not long ago, and we loved Fastmail so much, I soon registered my boss, his wife, our 4 closest friends, and many others to Fastmail's superior free service. I mean, IMAP, 10mb of space and speedy interface, compared to a lame 2mb at Hotmail (SPAM City) and 6mb at Yahoo (Banner Ads every corner and every click), no contest. Fastmail rules.

Then I decided that it was only right that I pay Fastmail for their great service and superior product, so I upgraded both my wife and I to Member status (US$14.95 ONE-TIME fee for extra 6mb space and SMTP, what's not to like?).

Then I saw the Christmas promo and decided, Fastmail will take care of ALL my email needs, so upgraded to Enhanced service, so that I could take advantage of the virtual domain hosting. Now all my emails from my personal domain also point to my Fastmail account (oh, and with the enhanced account, I also got a new shorter 3-letter user name to use with my enhanced account AND I also got to use the shorter and easier sent.com as a domain too!)

Migrating my personal domain emails to Fastmail also meant that I saw less spam than when it was hosted somewhere else (and BOUNCE is a great tool to deal with the ones that get through).

I now plan to direct my Hotmail emails to my Fastmail account too, just to reduce the spam crap I get on Hotmail, and to have just ONE email provider to log into for ALL my email accounts.

I do not usually write testimonials like this (I registered on this board just to write this, and I hate registering on the web) but FASTMAIL has a great product at a great price and great service, and this is the least I can do as a satisfied customer.
mrbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Jan 2003, 12:59 PM   #127
bradclawsie

Great product, great SERVICE

Fastmail is an excellent service with a great personal touch. Issues I brought up in this forum were answered in a timely fashion. Can't say that for a major website...most just point you to a help page and are rid of you.

Fastmail has excellent features and good performance. Bravo!
bradclawsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jan 2003, 06:03 AM   #128
fastashell
Essential Contributor

Thumbs up Another (happy) new user.

I too have just discovered Fastmail and I'm impressed. It's not just that it's fast but also all the features and functions to play with, it's great. Actually makes sending emails almost fun! :-)

As somebody else mentioned, that Bounce button has to be one of the greatest innovations yet. Well done team!
fastashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jan 2003, 06:06 AM   #129
Adam Lachlan
Master of the @

My parents now have a Fastmail guest account. My Mum said she was amazed that emailing could be so easy. Full marks to Fastmail! (she's a teacher)

Last edited by Adam Lachlan : 14 Jan 2003 at 06:22 AM.
Adam Lachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2003, 11:54 AM   #130
adr1ru

Have only been on here for 3 days, so can't say too much. Managed to hold out for 2hrs before I went ahead and signed on as a 'member'. Then, with the 'special intro' offering staring me in the face, I didn't even make it 2 days afterwards until I went for a FULL account.

Understand I'd never heard of the '+' features, or even a domain based address before, so I have p-l-e-n-t-y of room to grow.

Anyway, just wanted to say so far it's been a lot of FUN learning what all one can do with an FM email account!

The FAQ's are a good start, but this forum is just the tops.

I guess the MAIN thing that drew me into FM was the ability to sign on/up at the level you wanted to. Need more features? Then they're there for a very reasonable amount, some of which are one-time-only fees!

Meanwhile, dynamitemail.com (my previous free email provider) will have been down for 2 weeks now in just 1-more-hour!
adr1ru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jan 2003, 08:44 AM   #131
mrd19

"It's like Hotmail on a diet with user friendliness."
mrd19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2003, 06:49 AM   #132
Adam Lachlan
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally posted by mrd19
"It's like Hotmail on a diet with user friendliness."
The temperature of your email is irrelevent, it's the speed that matters
Old 25 Jan 2003, 06:53 AM   #133
fastashell
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by MAILfreak
The temperature of your email is irrelevent, it's the speed that matters
Yes, temperature does seem a confusing way to describe an email system. I mean, is Fastmail really hot, or is it really cool?
fastashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2003, 07:11 AM   #134
robert@fm
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally posted by fastashell
I mean, is Fastmail really hot, or is it really cool?
In geekspeak, "hot" and "cool" mean the same thing.

However, Hotmail leaves me cold...
robert@fm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jan 2003, 08:24 AM   #135
Adam Lachlan
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally posted by fastashell
Yes, temperature does seem a confusing way to describe an email system. I mean, is Fastmail really hot, or is it really cool?
Also, take Runbox. Do you imagine a cardboard box sprouting legs and taking the london marathon? *looks at Robert*