EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 23 Jul 2014, 07:48 AM   #1
Stephen Collins

Login Disabled

Hi there

I am writing on behalf of my wife who has had a fastmail account for approx. 10 years. Four days ago her account was disabled due to a security problem and she received one email from fastmail telling her that a link to change her password had been sent to her backup emails. The problem is that this is a very old email and no longer exists (her fault I know).
She has now sent 6 tickets to fastmail support to no avail asking for other ways to prove her identity so she can access her fastmail account. Can anyone tell me if they have had similar problems and if so how did fastmail resolve this for them (if at all)! Thankyou
Stephen Collins is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 23 Jul 2014, 10:43 AM   #2
David
Ultimate Contributor

I would request that a moderator please move this thread to the Fastmail forums.

No need to post again Stephen. The best of luck in getting this resolved.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2014, 08:17 PM   #3
CyberSmurf

moderator: thread moved
CyberSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2014, 08:49 PM   #4
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Collins View Post
She has now sent 6 tickets to fastmail support to no avail asking for other ways to prove her identity so she can access her fastmail account. Can anyone tell me if they have had similar problems and if so how did fastmail resolve this for them (if at all)! Thankyou
Perhaps get your wife to name some of the last 10 emails if that is possible.
They should have your credit card details from your portal surly that would state who you are and when you paid etc.
Are fastmail actually replying to her support tickets.

I suppose you have tried this https://www.fastmail.fm/help/account/icantlogin.html
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2014, 01:44 AM   #5
John Denison

You're not the only one who has had this problem, Stephen. My wife email got hacked too and we haven't got a back up email address for her account. From Fastmail's none reply I taken it that the outcome for my wife's email is grim.

Last edited by John Denison : 25 Jul 2014 at 02:12 AM.
John Denison is offline   Reply With Quote