EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 8 Oct 2015, 11:44 PM   #16
George_B
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
PolarisMail.com
We do support threads in at least 3 interfaces:

Atmail: https://webmail.emailarray.com
AfterLogic: https://al.emailarray.com
Horde: https://horde.emailarray.com

We can also import the data without problems
George_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Oct 2015, 09:24 PM   #17
soromak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kijinbear View Post
I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned FastMail yet. Their webmail is threaded, and you can either manually add a bunch of rules or just write a Sieve script.
Unless I am missing something, but you do not have real time reports at Fastmail.

You have reports on outgoing traffic with Polarismail and if you talk nicely with EuMX support you may have access to real time reports on both outgoing and incoming traffic.
soromak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Oct 2015, 09:18 AM   #18
George_B

Representative of:
PolarisMail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by soromak View Post
Unless I am missing something, but you do not have real time reports at Fastmail.

You have reports on outgoing traffic with Polarismail and if you talk nicely with EuMX support you may have access to real time reports on both outgoing and incoming traffic.
We did add incoming traffic logs in the back-end a while back, it's just a matter of adding it in the User Interface now. Working on it
Old 13 Oct 2015, 02:12 AM   #19
SethM

Representative of:
Rollernet.us
Rollernet has had incoming/outgoing/submitted mail logs since inception. There's a slight delay though (a few minutes) before log data gets pulled to the user interface side so I can't claim it's "real time" but it's pretty close.
SethM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2015, 10:48 PM   #20
zinneken

Quote:
Originally Posted by George_B View Post
We did add incoming traffic logs in the back-end a while back, it's just a matter of adding it in the User Interface now. Working on it
You've been working on it for over 3 years now
zinneken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Nov 2015, 08:16 AM   #21
Tim79

Thanks for your suggestions. LuxSci and Rollernet are way to expensive for my configuration.

I'm having PolarisMail on my radar since a long time, but they are suffering from what I call the NOKIA disease: the time-span between feature announcement and availability is pretty long. And that is what prevents me from jumping aboard.

Will investigate EuMX.
Tim79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Nov 2015, 04:20 AM   #22
William9
The "e" in e-mail

Better than Tuffmail which has no feature development.
William9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Nov 2015, 06:36 AM   #23
Tim79

OFC better. But I'm worried to jump from one sinking ship to the next. The current owner of Tuffmail has also commented here that some mayor updates are coming. Although he is doing it with far less frequency than George.
Tim79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Nov 2015, 08:06 AM   #24
George_B

Representative of:
PolarisMail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim79 View Post
OFC better. But I'm worried to jump from one sinking ship to the next. The current owner of Tuffmail has also commented here that some mayor updates are coming. Although he is doing it with far less frequency than George.
Good point, one of current problems is not announcing all the features we are adding even though we are doing so on a daily basis. Here's just a few that we fixed in the past few weeks:

- vastly expanded sieve rule options: you can now send replies as html/text, reject messages, and also match messages on a wider variety of conditions than before
- added html option to vacation messages
- ability to enable/disable automatic whitelist
- ownCloud storage for all existing users: 5GB for Basic and 15GB for Enhanced
- interface to track incoming e-mails ( coming this week-end )
- automatic folders clean-up scheduler
- complete new interfaces for our resellers

and many more.

I'll make it a priority to make our blog much more active and track our improvements
Old 19 Nov 2015, 11:05 PM   #25
George_B

Representative of:
PolarisMail.com
Since last week the 'Track Incoming Deliveries' option has been added
Old 23 Nov 2015, 01:14 PM   #26
randian

Quote:
Originally Posted by George_B View Post
I'll make it a priority to make our blog much more active and track our improvements
The "Polarismail News" blog doesn't have anything new since Dec 2014. The website generally needs updating. The mobile sync page mentions iPhone 3S and 4, the OwnCloud page still says 5 GB for Enhanced which you say is now 15 GB, and the Enhanced page refers to Ticket and Project management which I don't recall seeing in the Enhanced interface.

How does OwnCloud integrate with the Enhanced webmail client? Can you save attachments to/grab attachments from OwnCloud? Is external storage turned on so you can have S3 or Dropbox show up in OwnCloud?

Of course this is hijacking a Tuffmail thread and should probably be moved into a new Polarismail thread.
randian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2015, 02:12 AM   #27
George_B

Representative of:
PolarisMail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by randian View Post
The "Polarismail News" blog doesn't have anything new since Dec 2014. The website generally needs updating. The mobile sync page mentions iPhone 3S and 4, the OwnCloud page still says 5 GB for Enhanced which you say is now 15 GB, and the Enhanced page refers to Ticket and Project management which I don't recall seeing in the Enhanced interface.

How does OwnCloud integrate with the Enhanced webmail client? Can you save attachments to/grab attachments from OwnCloud? Is external storage turned on so you can have S3 or Dropbox show up in OwnCloud?

Of course this is hijacking a Tuffmail thread and should probably be moved into a new Polarismail thread.
All valid points which are being addressed as we speak. You can have a peek here at our new website:

http://i.imgur.com/EFrSerZ.jpg

We will make a few announcements when we launch the new page and the new services.
Old 20 Jan 2016, 07:38 PM   #28
zinneken

This had become a thread about polaris more then tuff, but since George mentions progresses:
There was 1 blog post december 30th
November 25th George announces a new web site with a screenshot teaser, just accessed polarismail and still the old site
November 23rd George mentions a tracking incoming deliveries option added. Can anyone comment on the user friendliness of the incoming/outgoing log at polarismail?

George, you're an excellent marketer / sales guy. Kudos to that. But on the forums you're often selling "the bear's skin" before even seeing the darn thing?

Everyone has down time and issues at some point in time, so to me there are 3 groups of mail providers:
- those that were once great & rock solid (aka tuffmail)
- those that offered a few features people longed for at the right time and then fell short of delivering promises, for months/years (aka polarismail)
- those that don't make much promise but deliver consistently over the years (aka luxsci, eumx)

And oh yes, there is a group that claim consistently privacy ... More of a mental state of "willing suspension of disbelief" then a group.
zinneken is offline   Reply With Quote