EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 26 Jun 2018, 12:16 AM   #1
clarksleap
= Permanently banned =

Thumbs up FastMail Enhanced Account - One Year On

Just wanted to write a quick note to the forums, principally for the benefit of any new FastMail members that are considering switching to FastMail for their email.

I recently got through my Renewal Notification reminder email, and it suddenly dawned on me that I'd been using FastMail as my principal email account for a whole year.

I could not be happier with the service I've received! IMAP has truly changed how I've dealt with my email, and for the money I pay to FastMail ($39.95 for an enhanced account), i consider this to be the finest email service on the planet.

First of all, some background - I use my email as a serious business tool - I send shed loads of email everyday and my email provider HAS to be reliable. FastMail, aside from the few occassions (perhaps 3 or 4 times in the past year) when their servers have suffered from a minor glitch and I've been unable to pickup mail for about 15 mins or so, has been absolutely superb!

I used to pay hundreds of pounds for an outsourced Exchange account with a UK Company called NetStore. Why did I do this? Well, I needed to have all my various POP3 accounts accessible from multiple locations and I needed to have an account to host my own domain (edgillett.com) separately. That Exchange solution was, at the time, the only way I knew of storing 250MB worth of email and having it accessible and synchronizable online.
Only problem was, it's hideously slow and it really was overkill because I wasn't using half of the features (like Collaboration, Public Folders etc etc)

Then came FastMail

One of the best elements is the One off charge for extra storage - I've paid to have an extra 100MB of storage for my mailbox, so I can store a load of archived email on the server, in addition to the 150MB I get by default with an enhanced account. Great thing is, now I come to renew, I don't pay for this extra storage again - I only pay my $39.95 renewal fee and still have my 250MB of storage on a reliable FAST mail server.

I guess it comes down to this - if you're fed up of trying to manage multiple mail accounts in various locations, or if your webMail provider is too slow or is limiting your storage etc and you're looking for somewhere to turn - turn to FastMail - I couldn't suggest a better Email host.

Thanks go to Jeremy and Rob and the Team at FastMail for providing a truly fantastic service - they listen to their customers (most of the time via this BB) and deliver what they aim to be - the Fastest Email Provider on the planet!
clarksleap is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 26 Jun 2018, 06:43 AM   #2
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Strange story. When is this written? Years ago?!
Oh, and posted in the wrong forum.

Last edited by Berenburger : 26 Jun 2018 at 06:51 AM.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2018, 11:55 AM   #3
ReuvenNY

Moderator's Comment

Spammer banned.
ReuvenNY is offline   Reply With Quote