EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 30 May 2014, 12:49 PM   #1
Stephanie Huang

Disposable Email Service_Mailimate [DELETED]

Disposable Email Service_Mailimate [DELETED]

Last edited by Stephanie Huang : 14 Aug 2014 at 06:56 PM.
Stephanie Huang is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 30 May 2014, 03:11 PM   #2
JeffK

Stephanie Huang, do you represent the email provider referenced. If so could you please advise the forum administrator as per the forum rules so that you can be given representative status.
JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2014, 05:54 PM   #3
Jacinto
Essential Contributor

The OP's message doesn't sound sincere, but rather sounds like an advertisement for whatever E-Mail service she is trying to peddle.

--
Jacinto
Jacinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2014, 06:31 PM   #4
adamlau

Interesting. Been testing out this service for the past hour (mainly by parking useful usernames). Seems like a clean and functional forwarding service. Not sure what the catch is, used a couple of aliases to sign up and forward to. Waiting to see if and when those aliases are going to be sold out .
adamlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2014, 06:35 PM   #5
Stephanie Huang

Thank you for your feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffK View Post
Stephanie Huang, do you represent the email provider referenced. If so could you please advise the forum administrator as per the forum rules so that you can be given representative status.
Thank you for your feedback, I have already sent PM to the admin to see how it works.
Old 30 May 2014, 06:40 PM   #6
adamlau

@Stephanie Huang: Is there a way to deactivate and delete your account? Also, according to your privacy policy:

Quote:
Logged in credentials and personal information are not shared with any third parties.
Quote:
We do not collect any information about our end users beyond their email and web connections...
What do you do with with our collected credentials, personal information and email and web connections?
Old 30 May 2014, 06:41 PM   #7
Stephanie Huang

Thank you for your feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacinto View Post
The OP's message doesn't sound sincere, but rather sounds like an advertisement for whatever E-Mail service she is trying to peddle.

--
Jacinto
I appreciate your comment.
However, I, as a non-professional in computer, was indeed sincerely trying to get guidance on how the function works.

Last edited by Stephanie Huang : 13 Oct 2014 at 02:34 PM.
Old 30 May 2014, 06:55 PM   #8
Stephanie Huang

Thank you for your comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlau View Post
@Stephanie Huang: Is there a way to deactivate and delete your account? Also, according to your privacy policy:

What do you do with with our collected credentials, personal information and email and web connections?

I'm afraid I'll have to consult the developers first before giving you an adequate answer.

Last edited by Stephanie Huang : 13 Oct 2014 at 02:35 PM.
Old 30 May 2014, 06:59 PM   #9
adamlau

No need to apologize. Actually, I apologize for not being more clear. What I meant to ask is whether there was a way, or not for a user to deactivate and close their own account? This is assuming that a user no longer desired to use the service. OK. I see. You had a question about adding additional domains Mailimate hosts, or adding domains which you own.

Offhand, my initial reaction is not to trust the site until we take a look at their publicly available records through whois and others means, including but not limited to nmap scans. I am not a fan of their privacy policy and what they offer is nothing that cannot be accomplished with aliases. The only advantage I see with Mailimate is their clean and simple UI which makes sending and receiving a pleasant experience. I would not recommend using your own domain with them until you feel you can trust them fully. Regarding the additional domains, those are simply alternatives to choose from versus the default @mailimate.com. Perhaps others would care to chime in at this point.

Last edited by adamlau : 30 May 2014 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 30 May 2014, 07:08 PM   #10
Stephanie Huang

Quote:
No need to apologize. Actually, I apologize for not being more clear. What I meant to ask is whether there was a way, or not for a user to deactivate and close their own account? This is assuming that a user no longer desired to use the service. That said, what help did you need in regards to Mailimate (what little I know of the servcie has been gleaned only from the past hour of testing it)?
I have consulted one of our developers about your questions:
1.I'm afraid we currently do not offer account-deletion service, but mailimate is a project we've been working on, so further development can be expected;
2. We do not give away any user account information, including emails under your account, we only forward your emails under your setting;
3. I'll let you know if there is any further information/explaination.
Have a nice day

Last edited by Stephanie Huang : 13 Oct 2014 at 02:36 PM.
Old 30 May 2014, 07:33 PM   #11
adamlau

OK. So you are a potential rep who requested guidance regarding a product you may be representing? So if you do not give away user account information, then what do you do with the collected information? Do you store them for thirty days and then delete them? Google Analytics. Those two words scare me .
Old 30 May 2014, 07:55 PM   #12
Stephanie Huang

Quote:
OK. So you are a potential rep who requested guidance regarding a product you may be representing? So if you do not give away user account information, then what do you do with the collected information? Do you store them for thirty days and then delete them? Google Analytics. Those two words scare me .
I did ask our programmers about how the function works, and they did consider carrying out a better way to guide our users, but it remains uncracked atm, which does not mean this function does not work properly, we just need to make it simply understandable for people.

And as to your concern about privacy policy, I will further consult the developers about it to get a professional answer, after I go back to work.(I'm about to have a vacation for the next 3 days)

Thank you.

Last edited by Stephanie Huang : 13 Oct 2014 at 02:36 PM.
Old 30 May 2014, 08:07 PM   #13
adamlau

You are at EmailDiscussions.com where over the years I have come to learn that most people here fall under the 'advanced email user' category. I do not believe that anyone here will have any trouble understanding what your service intends to accomplish. So your real question is how to best word, or phrase that particular feature of your service in a clear and concise manner?
Old 30 May 2014, 08:12 PM   #14
Stephanie Huang

Quote:
You are at EmailDiscussions.com where over the years I have come to learn that most people here fall under the 'advanced email user' category. I do not believe that anyone here will have any trouble understanding what your service intends to accomplish. So your real question is how to best word, or phrase that particular feature of your service in a clear and concise manner?

That's exactly what I was trying to convey,
thank you very much for your clarification.
Old 31 May 2014, 02:25 AM   #15
communicant
Cornerstone of the Community

What "alternative" domains?

Quote:
Regarding the additional domains, those are simply alternatives to choose from versus the default @mailimate.com. Perhaps others would care to chime in at this point.
Other than using a domain that one already owns, I see no way to create addresses using alternatives to the default @mailimate.com. I wish there were other domains available at the site for use with the private accounts.

Am I missing something, or did I misunderstand you?
communicant is offline   Reply With Quote