EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Google Gmail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Google Gmail Forum Discussions related to Google's Gmail service should go here: suggestions, tips, comments, requests for help, tech issues etc.

Old 23 Apr 2017, 01:54 AM   #1
TenFour
Master of the @

G Suite Privacy?

So if one is concerned about privacy, isn't G Suite a viable option while still allowing you to use all the great functionality of the Google ecosystem? For $5 or $10 per month you get Gmail and Drive, etc., but with no scanning of your data for ad targeting. Or at least it appears to be that way. What do you think? From Google with regard to G Suite:

Quote:
No advertising

There is no advertising in G Suite Services, period. Google does not collect or use data in G Suite Services for advertising purposes.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 24 Apr 2017, 09:04 AM   #2
William9
The "e" in e-mail

I think it's good. IMHO Google has excellent security, especially if 2 factor authentication is turned on.
William9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2017, 06:51 AM   #3
TenFour
Master of the @

It seems like the concept of "privacy" may be an artifact of the pre-Internet era. I keep seeing things online that make me think how all of my activity is being scanned and aggregated, no matter what my privacy settings.
Old 14 May 2017, 11:55 PM   #4
TenFour
Master of the @

After this world ransomware attack I wonder if more enterprises will seriously be considering running G Suite on Chromebooks?