EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > The Off-Topic Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

The Off-Topic Lounge APPROPRIATE FAMILY-FRIENDLY TOPICS ONLY - READ THE RULES!
This forum is for posting anything (excluding topics prohibited by the forum rules) that's unrelated to email. General discussions, in other words.

Old 24 May 2023, 01:17 AM   #1
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
SEO/How to make Google find your site

I have launched my own site about a year ago and from time to time do a search in Google to see if my pages are properly indexed. The last couple of months, it hasn't changed a bit. If I type the name of my site or my own full name, my site is listed, even close to the top of the search results. But if I search for a subject I have an article about, my site is not showing in the search results, with the notable exception of 3 or 4 articles (out of more than 25).

For example: I have written concert reviews, album reviews, reviews of soccer games I've attended, ...
When I google the name of the bands I've written about or the names of soccer teams I've written about, my article doesn't come up in the search results (again, with the notable exception of 3 or 4 articles).

Can anyone suggest how I can make people find my site more easily?

PS question: as I have a Wordpress website (wordpress.org, with own domain obviously), would it make a difference if I'd make a blog post per concert review or soccer game review instead of a static page per concert review or soccer game review? I deliberately chose static pages as I like that a bit more myself, but I don't know if this choice affects how easily (or difficultly) I am being found in Google.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote