EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 26 Sep 2006, 10:23 PM   #1
twnty3svn

New Beta IMAP date?

Hi All,

Been testing the new IMAP again, after having problems with it in the past, but while the speed issues have seemed to be resolved, there is often accessability issues. It appears that sometimes i cannot log on using 1143 port at all, while 143 port is fine.

Therefore the question i ask is, "is there a set date for the new IMAP server to be implemented, and when are the bus expected to be ironed out?". The reason i ask is because i really like the Quota feature, and the Sent times in TB working.
twnty3svn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 26 Sep 2006, 11:22 PM   #2
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
We're currently hiring one or more skilled C++/Perl programmers to help us finalize the Dbmail server and move the web application forward. Unfortunately the current lack of resources means we have no exact date set for full deployment. Meanwhile we are continuing the testing and bug reporting.

Please provide more details regarding the access problem you're experiencing; Runbox username, date/time of error, action performed prior to error, exact error message, and other information you can think of.

Thanks.

- Geir
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Oct 2006, 05:09 AM   #3
zapata
Essential Contributor

Incredible, this excuse is getting boring! You are telling it for how long? 12 months? 18 months? Huh?
I am wondering that Runbox still has paying customers.
zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2006, 02:30 AM   #4
Johnny71

"Lack of resources" means broke. Maybe it's time for a round of capital funds, or is the business model not strong enough? $50/customer isn't enough it seems.

The reality is, these are signs of a company going down. Thank god for loyal users.
Johnny71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2006, 04:40 AM   #5
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny71
"Lack of resources" means broke.
No, in this case "Lack of resources" means they don't have a full-time in-house programmer yet.

Regards,
Rich
carverrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2006, 04:50 AM   #6
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
We appreciate your constructive criticism and suggestions.

Although the new IMAP server is very delayed due to some minor issues still waiting to be sorted out, it should always be accessible and we would be interested in more details if this is not the case.

The temporary lack of development resources postponing the Dbmail IMAP server is a consequence of several circumstances:
  • Skilled Perl programmers are scarce and we haven't yet found anyone with the right combination of knowledge, experience, and interests.
  • General development cost has become very high in Norway.
  • Runbox had to make some hard decisions to become a viable business -- among them to temporarily cut development costs, raise the price level, and branch out with web hosting and other services. Consequentially we are a healthier company, and we want to find the right person for the job before we take on additional expenses.
We intend to continue expanding and improving our services, and are now looking outside the borders of our country for talented programmers with a special interest in email.

- Geir
Old 14 Nov 2006, 06:39 AM   #7
Johnny71

I understand how hard it is to find talent in the IT field, as I have to do the same. What it comes down to is paying very well for the right talent. It WILL be worth it, as it attracts more business.
You should also consider a wider advertising campaign. In my circle of people, I'm the only one who has heard of Runbox, yet we all need IMAP. It shouldn't be this way.
Johnny71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2006, 08:19 AM   #8
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
You are absolutely right, and this is our intention.

- Geir
Old 17 Nov 2006, 10:55 PM   #9
che

Dbmail 2.2.0 is out!
Maybe you can get help here: http://www.dbmail.eu/solutions

We can help you migrate complex email environments to DBMail, and create custom solutions tailored to your specific needs...

Fix the damn system!

Last edited by che : 17 Nov 2006 at 11:03 PM.
che is offline   Reply With Quote