EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 19 Aug 2006, 05:00 AM   #1
PleX

Runbox future

Serious, when do you guys expect Runbox to be out of business? Think of problems, whislist etc.
PleX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19 Aug 2006, 07:15 AM   #2
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
It's easy to get a skewed impression by browsing this forum, which mostly contains problem reports and complaints.

The fact is that our increased focus on the SMB market with services such as email hosting, web hosting, etc has attracted more customers and Runbox is financially as strong as ever.

We have our problems and shortcomings in certain areas, but we expect development to pick up speed as we intend to employ a senior programmer within a few weeks.

- Geir
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2006, 09:15 AM   #3
jeffster

Re: Runbox future

Sheesh !

A bit over the top, me thinks...

Runbox out of business ? [Mod: Political remark removed]

Sure, Runbox has had problems recently, but as Geir said, looking at the forum can give you a skewed perception, as its mostly un-happy people posting the majority of the time...

Take a look at other forums too...Fastmail has had its problems, people moan about Gmail , etc...Other email services are far from perfect...

The email service, together with file hosting and web hosting make Runbox my number one choice, and it will remain so until something very obviously better comes along...Tuffmail enjoys a great reputation, and I have checked them out, but didnt even bother with a trial account, as "all" they do is email, granted they do it well, but the level of account that I would need is more expensive than Runbox, and there is no file storage or web hosting....

I switched from Fastmail to Runbox as my main email provider, and remain happy in my decision to do so...

I predict that Runbox will be around for a very long time to come...

Jeff

Quote:
Originally posted by PleX
Serious, when do you guys expect Runbox to be out of business? Think of problems, whislist etc.

Last edited by Sherry : 19 Aug 2006 at 10:05 AM.
jeffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Aug 2006, 04:44 PM   #4
hanslysglimt
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
Runbox.com
I have to voice my agreement with Geir and Jeffster here.
Runbox is doing better than ever.

It would actually be nice if one of the moderators could please make a sticky post (preferably write a new one) explaining how this forum works and that a newbie might get a screved impression from just looking this forum. This forum contains many complaints, there are bound to be some from the tens of thousands of users.

Most users are however very happy with Runbox!

Something like this:

Sticky: NEW USERS PLEASE READ THIS
Welcome to the Runbox forum hosted by emailaddresses.com.
This forum is an independent forum for Runbox users.

Please note that the forum contains support issues and some complaints that are not reflective of the expereience of most runbox users, this is so to say the "complaint" area and what you see here are sometimes just the few Runbox customers who experience problems. Most of Runbox tens of thousands of users are not here on the forum just happily enjoying the great Runbox service.
hanslysglimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Aug 2006, 07:26 PM   #5
fidebeque

I really like Runbox. The only thing i wanted more are nested folders. The only complaint i have is SPAM...all spam is going to my SPAM folder, it works ok, but 34 messages per day of spam is a lot.

Regards

Antonio
fidebeque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Aug 2006, 08:38 PM   #6
rishi
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by hanslysglimt
It would actually be nice if one of the moderators could please make a sticky post (preferably write a new one) explaining how this forum works and that a newbie might get a screved impression from just looking this forum.
One does get a distorted view by reading this forum.

Actually Liz could edit her post in this thread which is a sticky. It is titled Runbox Forum introduction and Help.
rishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Aug 2006, 08:41 PM   #7
ReuvenNY

Quote:
Originally posted by hanslysglimt
It would actually be nice if one of the moderators could please make a sticky post (preferably write a new one) explaining how this forum works and that a newbie might get a screved impression from just looking this forum. This forum contains many complaints, there are bound to be some from the tens of thousands of users.

Most users are however very happy with Runbox!

Something like this:

Sticky: NEW USERS PLEASE READ THIS
Welcome to the Runbox forum hosted by emailaddresses.com.
This forum is an independent forum for Runbox users.

Please note that the forum contains support issues and some complaints that are not reflective of the expereience of most runbox users, this is so to say the "complaint" area and what you see here are sometimes just the few Runbox customers who experience problems. Most of Runbox tens of thousands of users are not here on the forum just happily enjoying the great Runbox service.
How about if Liz will modify the sticky thread (link below) to add the language you feel is appropriate?
http://www.emaildiscussions.com/...&threadid=2976

Edit: Didn't notice rishi's comment above
ReuvenNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Aug 2006, 09:17 PM   #8
jeffster

Antonio,

Nested folders would be nice, but at present, I use what I call "Semi Nesting"....

I have recently lost my job, and have signed up with a lot of job hunting websites, and have set up a folder in my Runbox account for each, which would normally be listed alphabetically in my folders list...

However, to keep all the Jobs Folders together, I have simply prefixed them with "JOBS", so I have :

JOBS - Applications

JOBS - Jobserve

JOBS - Monster

Etc. listed in my folders

I do the same with my online poker room accounts too :

POKER - Party Poker

POKER - Poker Stars

POKER - WPT Online

Etc.

While this of course isnt true nesting, it comes pretty close, I think....

Regards,

Jeff

Quote:
Originally posted by fidebeque
I really like Runbox. The only thing i wanted more are nested folders. The only complaint i have is SPAM...all spam is going to my SPAM folder, it works ok, but 34 messages per day of spam is a lot.

Regards

Antonio
Old 22 Aug 2006, 10:01 PM   #9
squabsy

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffster
Antonio,

I have recently lost my job, ...........

I do the same with my online poker room accounts too :

Hmmm unless you are VERY good at Poker can I suggest you avoid those sites until you've found a new job
squabsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Aug 2006, 10:17 PM   #10
jeffster

As it happens, I am not too bad at poker...I am currently in profit by just under $100, but poker playing is at a minimum at the moment, due to not currently having a job...
Old 23 Aug 2006, 08:25 PM   #11
Jordi

Well, I personally think RUNBOX is the best !!

It is true that you may read here in this forum some complaints about Runbox, their programs are not perfect as the rest of the world isn't it either.

But I personally think that they are the best responding to our queries: Geir is an outstanding person and you can be assured he would do anything to resolve whatever matter you have with Runbox, Liz and the other members are excellent people and always worry about their customers.

The real world should learn from their Customer Services department, it is surely the best you can find around.

They deserve a complete 10 for Runbox !!!

Regards,
Jordi
Jordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2006, 06:30 AM   #12
zapata
Essential Contributor

Unfortunately Geir and Liz can only fix minor issues.
Runbox need some engineers who can fix their servers and implement requested features.
zapata is offline   Reply With Quote