EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 7 Aug 2021, 12:26 AM   #1
alexu2007
Essential Contributor

Infomaniak.com domain registrar, email hosting

I registered a domain at infomaniak.com and I was amased about their wide range of services that they are offering: email hosting, dns hosting, web hosting, dedicated, cloud hosting, cloud storage, video streaming, audio streaming and on demand, backup services, collaboration tools, it's very big.

The only mention of infomaniak here on this forum it's here: http://emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=78685 where it is discussed their free email service, ik.me.

The company seems pretty solid, it's 25 years old, but with almost no reviews on the internet or articles regarding their services.

I activated their email service, 5 email addresses for 1,5 USD per month, 18 USD per year. Everything seems to be made inhouse by infomaniak. Their webmail has comparable features with fastmail and it has a pleasant design. The email accounts also offers IMAP/SMTP access. However they don't have an IOS or Android app.

You can use domains registered elswere with the email service, buying a DNS zone (infomaniak offers DNS services) for about 1 USD / year, changing your DNS settings at your registrar or moving the domain to infomaniak. The DKIM is available only for domains that use the infomaniak's DNS service.

Testing the email delivery there was no false positives, the email from my domain arrived at protonmail, outlook.com, gmail, tutanota and mailbox.org. Fastmail delayed my test email several hours stating that the email came from a very new domain and this put in place a temporary block.

host in1-smtp.messagingengine.com[66.111.4.71] said: 451 4.7.1
<DATA>: Data command rejected: domain.com is too new, temporarily
blacklisted - RLR813 - ip=<45.157.188.13>,
host=<smtp-bc0d.mail.infomaniak.ch>, helo=<smtp-bc0d.mail.infomaniak.ch>

During testing, there's been no lost emails. They do not offer end to end encryption but it's a Swiss company and all their servers are located in Switzerland.

That 5 email accounts has no disk space limit in place, however there are limits for outgoing mails (1.000 per day). You can create aliases and you can also link domains (even external ones) for use as an domain alias.

There are a lot of more options and features I didn't had the chance to test or fully understand, I signed up for this service for less than 24 hours.

I am impressed by the multitude of features infomaniak offers, their prices are ok, I just don't understand how come such a company with such offer is so unknown.
alexu2007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 7 Aug 2021, 12:25 PM   #2
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
It's 1.5 EUR per month from my experience. anyway it's cheap for 5 email accounts.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote