EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 27 Sep 2023, 09:43 AM   #1
SamVilde
Essential Contributor

iPhone app bugging out?

Hi -
Is this forum still active?
I've completely adapted to using the Fastmail app on my iPhone. I think I've even deleted the native Mail app. Anyway, lately every time I open the Fastmail app, a blank page hangs, until I force close the app and reload. Is this happening to anyone else? Is this the place to raise this issue, or is there a new cool place for Fastmailers to make noise?

Thanks!
21 year Fastmailer
SamVilde is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 27 Sep 2023, 04:45 PM   #2
xyzzy
Essential Contributor

I don't know of any other forum available to the FM "community". This is as "cool" as it gets I think! You could consider creating a FM ticket and to ask FM directly if they are aware of any iPhone problems.

I use the production version (not beta) FM mail app on my iPhone (13Pro) and haven't noticed any problems. The current ios version is 17.0.2 (most recent update). But I saw no problems in any previous ios versions. Is your iPhone ios up to date or are you using a model that can't be updated anymore? Or are you using FM beta? I didn't try that so I don't know if it has any problems using that.

The current FM app version is 4.0.4.2506 (got that from the app settings/device settings in the app - apparently the app store doesn't show the last 4 digits). You might try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to make sure you have the latest version which is usually the next thing to try if force quitting and relaunching the app doesn't fix things. Note you may have to redo some of the device settings after that.

Last edited by xyzzy : 27 Sep 2023 at 04:59 PM.
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Oct 2023, 05:40 AM   #3
Ken7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamVilde View Post
Hi -
Is this forum still active?
I've completely adapted to using the Fastmail app on my iPhone. I think I've even deleted the native Mail app. Anyway, lately every time I open the Fastmail app, a blank page hangs, until I force close the app and reload. Is this happening to anyone else? Is this the place to raise this issue, or is there a new cool place for Fastmailers to make noise?

Thanks!
21 year Fastmailer
Did you ever get the issue fixed?
I’m going through the same thing on my iPhone and ipad.
Thanks
Ken7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2023, 03:12 PM   #4
TheJapanese

I do have the same issue. Since a few months now I have to force quit the iOS app and restart it to get it solved.

I think it's something with changing networks (mobile, WIFI and so on)...

They really need to redo their iOS web app to a real app with offline support and better handling overall.
TheJapanese is offline   Reply With Quote