EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Early Warning...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Early Warning... If an email service has closed down or changed the services it offers, or if there are indications it is about to do so, post about it here.

Old 26 Apr 2001, 09:50 PM   #1
frederick hayward

Thumbs down changes to runbox.com

I joined this service in late March 2001, and apart from the honeymoon period , the last few weeks have culminated in bounced emails from yahoo groups, and the latest from the service is a possible reduction or limitation in user group messages (by MB), as yet undecided.

They have been responsive, if a little testy to my obviously annoyed tone, so waiting now to see what transpires.

Have any NON yahoo group users had problems??
Cheers, Rick
frederick hayward is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 27 Apr 2001, 07:28 AM   #2
Camille
Cornerstone of the Community

After reading your post, I got the idea why I've been having some problems with my account. When checking my mail I get stuck on "finding host" then it errors out (smthg about cannot connect to server).
Hmmm.. and I have been missing a couple of posts from my mailinglist, btw I use Topica.com (referring to ml), I haven't experienced any bounced emails though.

I tried going to the website to read up on updates and this is the msg I got,

Quote:
DBI->connect(database=runbox;hostname=db.runbox.com) failed: Lost connection to MySQL server during query at /local/web/htdocs/runbox/www.runbox.com/mail line 134
I was initially attracted to the service because of the storage space and heard good reviews about it. Hopefully they get to straighten things out.
Camille is offline   Reply With Quote