EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 15 May 2023, 09:46 PM   #1
qwertz123456
Essential Contributor

Not finding option: No signature when replying

Either I'm blind, but I cannot find an option where when I'm replying to an email (not composing a new mail), it does not attach the signature. I only see the option to put the signature on top or bottom.

The particular email address has as signature attached to it under "My email addresses" and under "Signatures & compose".

I wish there was an option to add a signature manually in the editing windows in the formatting bar.

Anybody have an idea where this option is? Or is this not possible?
qwertz123456 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 15 May 2023, 10:58 PM   #2
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

I don't use signatures, but I did mess around with them a bit. So while I'm certainly no expert, there doesn't seem to be the option you're looking for.

FWIW, these forums have been pretty dead the last few years. You may want to check out the reddit forum which is fairly popular. reddit.com/r/fastmail
sflorack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2023, 07:55 AM   #3
qwertz123456
Essential Contributor

Thanks, will do. Thank you for replying anyway
qwertz123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2023, 01:39 AM   #4
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

I have not set this up recently, but the solution for different signatures (including leaving out the signature) used to involve setting up multiple sending identities. I assume you do the same now, but need to figure out where the options have gone.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2023, 05:34 PM   #5
xyzzy
Essential Contributor

The "sending identities" are now listed under "My email addresses" and those allow you to have individual signatures for the addresses listed there using each address's "Edit" option.
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote