EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 28 Jul 2004, 10:02 AM   #226
dantheman
Cornerstone of the Community

Just ordered my FM hat to see if Cafepress will deliver in the time frame they promise but also to say when i'll be wearing it that FM is the best email service on this planet!!!

The pressure is without any doubt, truly on for FM with all these megagigamega email services coming about. But notwithstanding, FM is still the parameter for a good email service.

Am i mistaken? Let's see what Lockergnome will have to say at this stage of the game. Any devout gnomies out there?!
dantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Aug 2004, 09:06 AM   #227
weaver4
Essential Contributor

I have been using fusemail and have changed to FastMail.

Fusemail is gourgous. The windows have lots of ICONs and great graphics. It is a work of art. Fast Mail is rather....business like and blocky.

But if you are using a modem to get your mail either at home or on the road Fusemail is painfully slow. For example to go from your inbox to your sent mail folder and back to your inbox requires a whopping 160k bytes of data transfer. To do the same thing with FastMail it takes 16k. I have found that these actually represent the differnace in time it takes to download a new page in both email programs; fusemail will take 20-25 seconds to change a page an FastMail takes 2-2.5 seconds.

Plus FastMail, with their new program, is cheaper.

Fusemail does have a calendar.

Fusemail does have an advantage that it will check your pop accounts more often, but you should always tell your pop accounts to forward your mail to your fusemail/fastmail account so that this feature is never used.

Thanks,
weaver4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Sep 2004, 12:55 AM   #228
seaweed
= Permanently banned =

fusemail sounds wonderful

seaweed
seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Sep 2004, 12:59 AM   #229
seaweed
= Permanently banned =

Quote:
Originally posted by SusanUKF
If you sign up for five years it is only $80. USD,which is an incredible deal...(the package I bought) . The enhanced for five years package has amazing savings as well. I have always been a "buy in bulk" shopper,so this type of thing really appeals to me!! Susan.
wow thats $20 a year, i never saw anything about an$80 account???

seaweed
Old 8 Sep 2004, 01:10 AM   #230
kander
The "e" in e-mail

Hey Fio..err.. seaweed,

It's on the signup screen, you can choose different subscription periods, and they have lower per-year prices as the subscription becomes longer.

And it's actually more like $16/year... $20/year is more expensive than the normal 1 year subscription of $19.95/year

--K
kander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2004, 12:54 AM   #231
seaweed
= Permanently banned =

Ah yes,and i only found this thread by chance i dident get an email saying there was a new post?umm

Actualy i quite like fastmail, it works very well and i never get spam,yet

Is fastmail a huge company like yahoo?? or dose it just do email,? Im amazed when i dig a bit into companies to find them sometimes part of HUGE and bad company

Such as perrir (fizzy water) is owned by Nestllys---they want to make more profit by reducing the staff by 60%!!!

email portable telephones owned by brown and root!!!etc

seaweed

I just dicoverd again if i leave my CD rom in the sun it goes a funny shape and wont go into the CD player

Today i really discoverd how really really good fmail is , i m now sure its one one the best certainly one of the very best 3 email providers anywhere-- fastmail just really clear fast and just good

seaweed

Last edited by seaweed : 24 Sep 2004 at 06:22 PM.
Old 1 Oct 2004, 02:17 AM   #232
Hally

Fastmail...well what can i say when i hear it blogged about constantly on ABC radio computer help...It is not only the best but fastest email...ditch your isp email...no other email can do handstands like fm....well i had to try it ...and i did...ages ago but never used it much as a guest account...now i upgraded to member and i am pretty impressed. I had a few issues with reading my mail using IMAP with Outlook but simply made a few rules there that does a magical mystery tour of transporting all my emails to Outlook Personals and now i can delete and view sent mails and have pretty much same access as i did with my isp accounts...but i have double back up cos i have an account that saves everything until i want to spurn it...oooooh the joys of such power ;-)
I am still a newbie at this ...but i will continue to investigate...but so far...i give thumbs up.
Cheers F.M
Hally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Oct 2004, 04:57 AM   #233
seaweed
= Permanently banned =

as email providers become less and less, Fastmail will soon be the best! yahoos good but its yahoo, fastmail is in another legue, i never used to love it untill i began to have to send mail and keep files

seaweed
Old 2 Oct 2004, 12:12 AM   #234
jim_b

I have been using e-mail for about twenty years; Fastmail has totally changed my concept of what e-mail is capable of. The more I use it, the more features I find, and the more power and flexibility I have. My highest congratulations to the programmers who have broken out of the conventional GUI box and developed a powerful system of their own. It took a little time to get used to, but once you understand the paradigm, it is far superior to others.

I read in another post that FM hats are available from Cafepress. I could find the page on their site for the hat. Would somebody let me know the URL? Thanks.
jim_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Oct 2004, 12:38 AM   #235
self

Here's what I thought a while ago. I am very pleased with the service and prompt responses to the (few) support questions I have.
Quote:
Originally posted by self
I recently discovered Fastmail and rather quickly decided to buy a five-year enhanced subscription. I have switched to Fastmail as my primary email.

I can access my Fastmail accout from my SonyEricsson P900 smartphone. At home I interchangeably use Fastmail via Outlook/IMAP and web.

I would make the same decision today after having used Fastmail for a couple of months.
self is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Oct 2004, 01:54 PM   #236
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by jim_b
I read in another post that FM hats are available from Cafepress. I could find the page on their site for the hat. Would somebody let me know the URL? Thanks.
You can get your cap from here! http://www.cafepress.com/fastmail2
Jeremy Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Oct 2004, 10:40 PM   #237
laurie2003

Thumbs up FASTMAIL Account

I have used Fastmail for about a year and I'm very pleased with it. I had struggled with one service after another and in the span of a few months had changed my service at least twice which was very upsetting to me and confusing to my friends.

Unfortunately, I have one friend whose company does NOT allow Fastmail because "they know nothing about it." What a shame they don't take the time.

Fastmail's a great service. I know this is just me, but I personally have a problem with all the nice little changes to the looks and feels! I'm a creature of habit and when I finally figure something out, it gets changed. As my husband would say, "Suck it up!"

Thanks, Fastmail.
laurie2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Oct 2004, 10:46 PM   #238
seaweed
= Permanently banned =

I hate to say it but the prices are a bit high??hope i dont get banned for saying that
does it meen if i buy a full price coffee mug i get a free subscription to fastmail?

While im hear, can anyone tell me how to send photographs?? i use either thunderbird or web interface. and opera (for photos) or can i use my Firefox??

Up to now i used acds "send pix"but they only stay online for one month, and now due to a" power filcker" i cant get to any of my photos stored on an external HHD effectivly ive lost a whole summers photos. now id like to leave them on a yahoo account? So please how do i do that

seaweed
Old 2 Oct 2004, 10:56 PM   #239
SusanUKF
Intergalactic Postmaster

Seaweed: I think that it would be best to start a totally separate thread on this, as this is so off-topic for this thread entitled "Fastmail Testimonials" that I do not think it will get noticed!!

Susan.
SusanUKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Oct 2004, 11:26 PM   #240
seaweed
= Permanently banned =

Oh yes, but i did say how much i like my fastmail account? It sort of grows on one as it has so many great features not found in yahoo etc

seaweed lost